THE LATEST: DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen Resigns, Will Serve Through April 10

Originally published at: THE LATEST: DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen Resigns, Will Serve Through April 10 | Sean Hannity

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen announced her decision to resign from her position Sunday evening; saying she has “agreed to stay on as secretary through Wednesday, April 10th to assist with an orderly transition.”

“This afternoon I submitted my resignation to @POTUS and thanked him for the opportunity to serve in his administration. It’s been an honor of a lifetime to serve with the brave men and women of @DHSgov,” Nielsen posted on social media.

Its been an honor of a lifetime to serve with the brave men and women of @DHSgov. I could not be prouder of and more humbled by their service, dedication, and commitment to keep our country safe from all threats and hazards. pic.twitter.com/lIQ5iqGDmF

— Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen (@SecNielsen) April 7, 2019

“I am pleased to announce that Kevin McAleenan, the current U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner, will become Acting Secretary for @DHSgov,” tweeted the President.

….I am pleased to announce that Kevin McAleenan, the current U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner, will become Acting Secretary for @DHSgov. I have confidence that Kevin will do a great job!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 7, 2019

Read the full report here.