The Iran nuke deal has no basis in law! Trump needs to scrap it

The U.S. did not agree to the deal. Obama did.

You posted a House document which is not a Senate vote to approve Obama’s deal with Iran.

JWK

I kinda hope he does. Then Iran can go fully nuclear and people with stop ■■■■■■■ with them, and oil prices will go through the ■■■■■■■ roof and I can start shopping for a Ferrari.

I passed a law that was affirmatively voted upon by BOTH the House and the Senate, and was signed into law by the president. They set conditions for the deal to continue, thereby affirming the deal.

You are wrong. And not just in my mind, in the view of the law, you are wrong.

All of this is correct. And even then, HB 1191 affirmed it by setting conditions for the deal to exist. OP is incorrect.

As I previously documented, the president does not have power to make “deals” with foreign powers. There is no such wording in the Constitution, which specifically refers to a treaty making power and rules which govern that power.

You need to get up to speed on this issue. See: Iran deal: A treaty or not a treaty, that is the question

”Secretary of State John Kerry stressed Wednesday that the administration never intended to negotiate a treaty.

"We’ve been clear from the beginning. We’re not negotiating a ‘legally binding plan.’ We’re negotiating a plan that will have in it a capacity for enforcement," he said at a Senate hearing.

That doesn’t sit well with Republicans, many of whom believe the Senate’s constitutional role is being bypassed.

Idaho Sen. James Risch dismissed the administration’s argument: "Let there be no mistake, this is a treaty that is being negotiated. It’s a treaty and should be treated as such."

JWK

The senate advised and consented to this deal when they voted 98-1 on HR 1191, 2 months after the article you cited. You are wrong.

Pulling out wouid be incrediably stupid, so my money would be on him doing exactly that. He is not a smart man.

1 Like

H.R. 1191 is not an agreement between Iran and the United States.

Obama had no authority to make “deals” with foreign powers ___ the power is expressly limited to making treaties, but requires the Senate’s approval.

Like I said, you need to get up to speed on this issue.

JWK

HR 1191 is the exact advise consent you’re complaining never happened.

I mean, they don’t have a nuke, but as long as Netanyahu keeps crying wolf, Trump is going to play along because that’s what his base wants to hear, and it makes him feel good to have them cheer for him when he says the things they like.

Pull out of what? As stated by John Kerry before the Senate, the Obama Administration was “… not negotiating a legally binding plan.”

JWK

Here is a LINK to Obama’s Nuke Deal with Iran which was never approved of by the Senate.

HB 1191, which you keep on mentioning, is not the nuke deal.

JWK

HR 1191 was not a nuke deal-it was conditions upon which congress (which includes the senate) would allow the nuke deal to exist unobstructed by them. aka-advise and consent.

As I correctly pointed out, Obama’s nuke deal was never approve by the Senate as our Constitution commands.

JWK

As you conveniently ignore, the senate gave its advise and consent when it set conditions under which the deal must function when it voted 98-1 to pass HR 1191.

I have ignored nothing. You make claims but fail to provide documentation to support your assertions.

You have already admitted HR 1191 is an agreement and not a treaty. Here is a LINK to Obama’s nuke deal with Iran.

As I documented at the top of the thread, the president does not have power to make “deals” with foreign powers. The Constitution specifically refers to a treaty making power and rules which govern that power. Any deal which Obama has made with Iran is not legally enforceable. Even pinko John Kerry admitted this very fact. Kerry also admitted before the Senate the Obama Administration was not negotiating a “treaty”.

See: Iran deal: A treaty or not a treaty, that is the question

”Secretary of State John Kerry stressed Wednesday that the administration never intended to negotiate a treaty.

"We’ve been clear from the beginning. We’re not negotiating a ‘legally binding plan.’ We’re negotiating a plan that will have in it a capacity for enforcement," he said at a Senate hearing.

You cannot change the documented facts party-free. Give it up, you are beginning to look silly.

Now, read the title of the thread and get back to me.

JWK

Without a Fifth Column Media, Yellow Journalism, Hollywood, and a corrupted FBI, Loretta Lynch, Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama, would be making license tags in a federal penitentiary

HR 1191 is not a treaty-I never claimed it was. What I’ve stated, and you’ve apparently failed to comprehend using basic English, is that HR 1191 ADVISES the president and CONSENTS to the agreement. That was your main complaint in the OP, yet HR 1191 is exactly the answer you were looking for.

You are wrong. Time to pack it up.

I won’t be bumping your thread any longer, and it looks like no one else will either other than you. This one will die soon, just like the rest.

So, now you agree Obama’s nuke deal with Iran has no basis in law. Thank you for finally agreeing to this fact.

JWK

Valerie Jarrett, born and raised in Iran till 5, made the deal. She was Obama’s senior advisor. We should ask her if we can scrap it.

Hyperbole seems to be the order of the day for libs here. The truth is too hard to argue against so libs create some strawman that is much easier to argue against.

1 Like