The "I apologize for believing/spreading the Seth Rich Was Murdered By Democrats" conspiracy thread

Thank you for the research.

But, said Barger and other experts, that overlooks the possibility the files were copied multiple times before being released, something that may be more probable than not in a bureaucracy like Russian intelligence.

“A hacker might have downloaded it to one computer, then shared it by USB to an air gapped [off the internet] network for translation, then copied by a different person for analysis, then brought a new USB to an entirely different air gapped computer to determine a strategy all before it was packaged for Guccifer 2.0 to leak,” said Barger.

You understand, it wasn’t answered. It simply provided a possible scenario but it doesn’t even come close to eliminating the posed question because it’s equally as probable that it might not have?

As to the second, “copies”? Seriously? Where is the server…not provided copies?

If that satisfied you 100%…then I’m disappointed in you.

s[quote=“Smyrna, post:64, topic:7352, full:true”]

If that satisfied you 100%…then I’m disappointed in you.
[/quote]

It’s a good thing we have real truth-seekers like you around.

Once again, there is no 1 server. They don’t need to physically have them, they need the data they contained. Which they have.

And not only did the FBI agree with crowdstrikes assessment, so did all of their competitors.

As for the “might have”, Mueller has released the dates now. They had already hacked and disseminated the information, so the experts quoted in the hill piece were in fact correct.

Read the dates, Smyrna.

By July the files had already been disseminated. The experts quoted in the hill were correct.

And here is more information on the practice of imaging during cyber investigations.

https://criticalinformatics.com/resources/blog/3-methods-to-preserve-digital-evidence-for-computer-forensics/

1. Drive Imaging
    Before investigators can begin analyzing evidence from a source, they need to image it first. Imaging a drive is a forensic process in which an analyst creates a bit-for-bit duplicate of a drive. This forensic image of all digital media helps retain evidence for the investigation. When analyzing the image, investigators should keep in mind that even wiped drives can retain important recoverable data to identify and catalogue. In the best cases, they can recover all deleted files using forensic techniques.

As a rule, investigators should exclusively operate on the duplicate image and never perform forensic analysis on the original media. In fact, once a system has been compromised, it is important to do as little as possible – and ideally nothing – to the system itself other than isolating it to prevent connections into or out of the system and capturing the contents of live memory (RAM), if needed. Limiting actions on the original computer is important, especially if evidence needs to be taken to court, because forensic investigators must be able to demonstrate that they have not altered the evidence whatsoever by presenting cryptographic hash values, digital time stamps, legal procedures followed, etc. A piece of hardware that helps facilitate the legal defensibility of a forensic image is a “write blocker”, which investigators should use to create the image for analysis whenever one is available.

Check out how important the “original media” is…but the FBI can have copies? That does NOT follow historical protocol.

i’m convinced that it’s just in certain people’s DNA to be suckered.

It follows the protocol for cyber investigations.

You create perfect images, then you run analysis on those images. That way you don’t ■■■■ with anything if you need the perfect unaltered original for court later on.

That’s how all these cyber security firms work.

Checkout https://www.qccglobal.com/cyber-forensics/

"On-site & laboratory forensic imaging & analysis
QCC can conduct digital forensics image collection & analysis at our forensic laboratories or at Client sites as required. We have a full mobile forensics capability and can deliver these services globally. All work conducted on-site is completed to the same standards as our lab based work and under the same ISO accreditation.

Our imaging and analysis services include:

Forensic collections, imaging, triage and analysis of desktop, laptop & servers.

Network & server forensics
Forensic imaging, collection & investigation of servers and networks can be the most complex form of digital forensics or cyber forensics services. This type of investigation is often conducted on live servers and live data and should only be undertaken by the most experienced cyber forensics analysts."

The intelligence community never got access to the DNC server.

I understood the rationale of not screwing up the original which gives credence to having the original in your possession. The FBI was given copies and not had access to the same information as Crowdstrike…and I’m asking why not?

i’m very technical. reading some of these posts reminds me of when my mom calls me and can’t get her computer to turn on because she’s pressing the on/off button on the monitor.

republican media is masterful.

3 Likes

I don’t think you understand any of this.

The forensic images are the same information that crowdstrike has. The images are the gold standard.

Crowdstrike shared everything, including their analysis with the FBI. The FBI agreed with their analysis, as did Crowdstrikes cyber-security competitors.

But the DNC server is missing!

1 Like

a lot of folks won’t give credit to Republican media and Donald Trump for how great they are at certain things. i’m not one of them.

I mean we’ve all heard the Goebells line about the power of repeating a lie over and over.

But ■■■■ me it’s been an eye-opener to watch it in action.

The moment they realized that they were suckered:

okay. i gotta bookmark this post. Mueller hasn’t reported yet.

He’s probably in one of those pictures.

With a great sense of humor to boot!