The "I apologize for believing/spreading the Seth Rich Was Murdered By Democrats" conspiracy thread

Bull ■■■■■ The image is not of a single disk. I can create an AWS Elastic Compute instance mounted on an Elastic Block Storage data store, and then decide “Oh, I don’t want that partition to be 200 Gig, I want that to be 500 Gig” and just like that the other 300 Gig is made available. That’s carved out of a high performance storage area network, not some dedicated disk.

For ■■■■■ sake, you have no clue.

1 Like

There is a physical disk. Even if they’re virtual servers, they’re still running on a machine with an OS. Are you my old department head? When he learned about virtual servers, he decided we didn’t need anymore hardware, since we could just make a bunch of vms.

It took the customers experiencing degraded service to make him cough up some $$ for hardware.

You’re not the FBI or the DOJ.

Where is the physical disk on my SSD? I took three on mine apart and can’t find it yet… Standby, I am getting a saw to cut open a of those little brown squares to see if they are hiding in there… :joy:

1 Like

IT’s not sata. It looks more like a stick of ram.

Of course they are running on a physical machine with an OS that includes the hypervisor that manages the virtual machines that are running on that hardware. However, it is not the case that that machine has a disk drive that contains the storage for all the virtual servers that are mapped into it. If you believe that to be the case, then you best go back to school.

1 Like

Some of our resident Trump supporters are retired and getting up there in years. Some are probably only familiar with older technology.

So a system image? Like the one CrowdStrike delivered to the FBI?

You seem to just want to argue and I have to go back to work.

I’m just correcting the record for posterity, as you and Ish have no clue as to how modern cloud computing is implemented.

You are trying too hard. Your knowledge of cloud storage will not help you here. You people keep trying reason after reason to explain why you did not turn over the server.

If it was all virtual, the FBI and other national counterintelligence organizations could have done the analysis from their offices. BUT THEY COULD NOT. Instead the DNC gave server access to a commercial firm with ties to libs.

But keep trying. It entertaining to watch you try to use your knowledge of technology to defend Clinton…

a9270d3c8939ab6e67ea10a40e73c8c5--america-online-floppy-disk

2 Likes

Who said the FBI and other intelligence agencies couldn’t do their jobs? Seems like they did their jobs JUST FINE.

You are clueless…

Read this timeline and come back for more…

The FBI requested direct access to the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) hacked computer servers but was denied, Director James Comey told lawmakers on Tuesday.

The bureau made “multiple requests at different levels,” according to Comey, but ultimately struck an agreement with the DNC that a “highly respected private company” would get access and share what it found with investigators.

“We’d always prefer to have access hands-on ourselves if that’s possible,” Comey said, noting that he didn’t know why the DNC rebuffed the FBI’s request.

Only recently did you people make up the cloud storage excuse. It won’t help you. The data might have been stored on the cloyd but once inside the online physical server, it would have been accessible.

I want to know how the Chinese and Iranians did it.

I love it when people get the nerve to crack open their computers.

They become difficult to support when they start thinking an enterprise environment works like their linksys, though.

I am only after the NdFeB magnets in the disk drives.

I was aware of all this. You seem to believe they couldn’t do their job without access to the hardware.

That’s false.

Comey was quite clear they were able to attribute the source of the attack without it.

How many different ways do we need to tell you that you will never get the disk drives of a 3rd party cloud computing infrastructure? You are not getting them period… end of story.

If you knew anything about 3rd party hosted cloud computing you wouldn’t be asking such juvenile questions.

Comey was very clear that they could not but that they relied on a commercial company who DID have access.

Stop bull ■■■■■■■■■