The Hall of Fame Game - Football days are not too far off

The Chicago Bears will play the Baltimore Ravens in the 2018 Hall of Fame Game at 8:00 pm on Thursday.

While we are still 5 weeks from the regular season, at least its now in sight. :smile:

If anybody has any insights or observations on the upcoming season, this is the thread.

I for one am not expecting the Cowboys to do well this season. I see more mediocrity ahead and a squandering of the talent they do have. I figure they will go 10-6 or 9-7 and either miss the playoffs or depart the playoffs during Wild Card weekend.

I’m a Cowboys fan (hence the screen name) and I think you assessment is pretty accurate. Positives include Zeke not having a ban looming, Dak not having to deal with Dez, an o-line that should be better and an improved defensive front 7. Negatives include a very thin receiving corps, a questionable secondary and Jason Garrett’s complete inability to overcome any adversity.

I think the best part of being a Packers fan outside of watching them play at Lambeau and A-god, is wondering who’s going down in the preseason. Hopefully Ryan is the only one…

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to the NFL season. Training camps are underway and we are getting daily updates on the Seahawks.

Personally I doubt the Seahawks will have a great season. They have lost some good players. However, I still have a very soft spot for the Vikings (my original home team) and the Packers.

Hopefully Baldwin is not going to be hampered this year. I have him targeted in the late 3rd/early 4th for fantasy if he falls to me.

They definitely need him to stay healthy, that’s for sure.

Predicting the Rams will win the superbowl.

They have at least four future Hall of Famers still in their primes on defense and one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL running that side of the ball.

They also have a great young offensive genius coach and an offense with one superstar (Todd Gurley) and good pieces around him.

Their offense is good enough to win shootouts but with their defense they won’t have to.

The Rams are also an indictment of just how bad a coach Jeff Fisher was and makes you wonder how many careers he ground into the dust. I have to wonder if Vince Young would become an NFL star if he’d had Sean McVay. Under Fisher Todd Gurlely and Jared Goff both looked like colossal busts but one year under McVey and suddenly Gurley looks like the second coming of Barry Sanders and Jim Brown while Goff became a pro bowler.

This makes me think we need an NFL fantasy thread. I spend about $80K a week on NFL DFS but I also spend a lot on season long. Think I’ll start a thread.

Go Jags!!!

It’s entirely possible you will be right. At the very least, they certainly will be one of the top teams.

I also think the 49ers will be much improved. Seattle could miss the playoffs.

God help us all.

Pretty pathetic performance so far tonight by the Cowboys and in the preseason in general.

Not looking good at all.

Go Vikings! The defense looks great but the offense has some issues.

As a Cowboy fan, I concur.

My mood noticeably increases when football starts. Go packs

I have a magazine (Street & Smith’s? Can’t remember right now) that predicted a Rams championship. We’ll see.

We’ll see how Sam Bradford does behind center for my Cardinals. Not expecting much this year.

Huge Rams fan since ‘79. I haven’t been this excited since ‘99 but I have a bad feeling that the Aaron Donald situation will affect their SB chances.

I predict Jacksonville vs Minnesota in the Super Bowl.