The guy who killed Khasoggi just gave Jared $2B

A panel that screens investments for the main Saudi sovereign wealth fund cited concerns about the proposed deal with Mr. Kushner’s newly formed private equity firm, Affinity Partners, previously undisclosed documents show.

Those objections included: “the inexperience of the Affinity Fund management”; the possibility that the kingdom would be responsible for “the bulk of the investment and risk”; due diligence on the fledgling firm’s operations that found them “unsatisfactory in all aspects”; a proposed asset management fee that “seems excessive”; and “public relations risks” from Mr. Kushner’s prior role as a senior adviser to his father-in-law, former President Donald J. Trump, according to minutes of the panel’s meeting last June 30.

But days later the full board of the $620 billion Public Investment Fund — led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler and a beneficiary of Mr. Kushner’s support when he worked as a White House adviser — overruled the panel.

Ethics experts say that such a deal creates the appearance of potential payback for Mr. Kushner’s actions in the White House — or of a bid for future favor if Mr. Trump seeks and wins another presidential term in 2024.

Mr. Kushner played a leading role inside the Trump administration defending Crown Prince Mohammed after U.S. intelligence agencies concluded that he had approved the 2018 killing and dismemberment of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi columnist for The Washington Post and resident of Virginia who had criticized the kingdom’s rulers.

ared ran interference for MBS for dismembering a US based journalist gets paid $2B over the objections of his investment panel…

the trump clan is a bunch of grifters.

1 Like

It’s influence peddling. I wish we could find a way to make it illegal.

1 Like

At least he’s not selling art. That would be diffe(R)ent. Can’t wait to hear the spin on this.

2 Likes

Unsatisfactory in all aspects yet he still gets the money. Yeah, that’s all on the up and up. Sure. :roll_eyes:

Peace in the Middle East!

2 Likes

Jared Trump? Wait… Donald J Kushner?

Trump clan? I don’t think that’s how it works.

I would suggest not voting for Trump or Biden. They both have close relatives in the international investment business.
Either party can do better.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s disgusting. Kushner was in the WH for 4 years, ran an independent foreign policy shop, and may go back to the WH in two years.

A pox on both their houses.

Yes they can, but probably won’t.

2 Likes

I bet daddy-in-law has his sights on that money to help him bail out of the debt that is flying his way.

It was probably for the Middle East peace deal he helped work out.

1 Like

Yeah, this kind of crap needs to be stopped. Not sure how we go about it at this point. It seems so ingrained in the whole establishment.

2 Likes

“Lee Zeldin, one of two Jewish Republicans in Congress, nominated Jared Kushner and Avi Berkowitz for the Nobel Peace Prize”

Is that some kind of accomplishment, someone from your own party nominating you?

1 Like

At the same time, the screening committee endorsed the fund’s $1 billion investment with former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s new Liberty Strategic Capital

The supporters won’t care.

Looks like transparency to me (as opposed to the Biden family’s crooked deals in the dark).

After all Jared and Ivanka did for our country and after all of the smears from the left and the right towards his family and his wife’s family, Jarod doesn’t owe his critics anything.

1 Like

See what I mean?

1 Like

He gave us 4 years (no pay) what have you given to our country?

I’d say the accomplishment was brokering the Abraham accords. This is just an attempt at recognition of that accomplishment.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey look guys, the soggy laptop showed up!

The nerve.

4 Likes