The Great Trade war of 2018

They’ve gone to ■■■■■■■ far now.

Hasbro is moving production out of china to avoid this.
They crammed about 4 waves in two months onto retail shelves to avoid the tariffs.

I say give them what they want.

Getting $12 Billion to support your sector is certainly “to the death”… I guess.

Another victim of the trade war. Tyson says tariffs have completely negated the benefit gained from the tax cuts.

The Koch network of donors is none-too-pleased with the trade wars kicked off by Trump. And it looks like they may begin to withhold funds from Republicans who refuse to abide by their promises of conservatism.

Top officials from the powerful Koch network warned that President Donald Trump’s tariffs — and his divisive governing style — stand to create “long-term damage” to the country as donors assembled here to kick off their twice-yearly confab Saturday.

The network, helmed by billionaire Charles Koch, fired the warning shots after weeks of tension with the White House over Trump’s tariffs, which are in opposition to the Koch network’s free-market worldview.

“The divisiveness of this White House is causing long-term damage,” said Brian Hooks, one of Charles Koch’s top deputies, during a briefing for reporters. “When in order to win on an issue someone else has to lose, it makes it very difficult to unite people and solve the problems in this country. You see that on trade: In order to get to a good place on trade, convince the American people that trade is bad.”

They may even begin to help fund Democrats who they believe share some of their values.

Billionaire industrialist Charles Koch extended an olive branch to Democrats during a weekend donor confab, saying Sunday that he wants to work with lawmakers regardless of party — so long as they work on issues he cares about — and admitting he has regrets about politicians his powerful network supported in the past.

“I don’t care what initials are in front or after somebody’s name — I’d like there to be many more politicians who would embrace and have the courage to run on a platform” that embraces the values he espouses, Koch told reporters when asked how he would feel about Democrats flipping the House of Representatives.

Saw this story this morning and was going to create a thread… The GOP is in trouble…

I contemplated started its own thread as well. I think it is worthy of a separate discussion. Have at it my friend!

and another one

Meanwhile the steel industry is gloating and charging more because who is going to compete with them.

More winning for the common man.

World upside down

Nice to know we can at least give a boost to Brazilian soy bean farmers.

I think we see the difference between I don’t mind paying higher taxes to see the benefit for the most people. And I don’t mind going further into debt to just to stick it too libs instead of admitting that this is bad policy.

So easy.

How stupid are these people? They believe that other countries should just take it when tariffs are imposed and do whatever Trump wants.

These people are not your supporters they have spines.

I thought that plan was to bring the world to its knees. Instead people are just paying more.

More winning.

Looks like more bailouts or job losses on the way.