The Government Shutdown Hurts

Our state Governors, both D and R agrees with Nancy’s approach to ending Trump’s shutdown.

“The letter, dated Monday, was released by the National Governors Association on Tuesday morning, as Trump prepared to address the nation from the Oval Office about the impasse over his demand for border wall funding that has led to a partial government shutdown, now in its third week.

The approach outlined in the letter echoes that of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who has said Congress should reopen government agencies before negotiating over Trump’s plans for a border wall, which she has repeatedly called “immoral.” Trump aides have argued that the issue of border security should be resolved at the same time as other funding issues.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bipartisan-governors-group-calls-for-immediate-end-to-shutdown/2019/01/08/1ac9dc44-1352-11e9-90a8-136fa44b80ba_story.html?utm_term=.44f4c058bac5

coal mining wasnt dying it was dealt a blow by democrats etcal who want it to die

steel mfg was ravaged by ridiculously unfair trade deals. people dont need steel nowadays?

farmers hurt by the realignment of trade have it tough but farmers always do hence farm subsidies, which i’m not so sure i support.

this is not like the govt employee tho, casting political blame when the govt is in gridlock

That’s pretty untrue. It is and has been dying because it’s dirtier and costlier then natural gas.

1 Like

diminishing, in part due to gas shale, and in part due to greenie weenie democrats who declared war on it. but not dying. coal still supplies a lot of power to the us.

so yeah, pretty true

You’ve yet to describe what the “greenie weenie” Democrats did to kill it.

where did i say they killed it?

Please feel free to substitute whatever verb you want when you answer the question.

■■■■■■■■■ it got owned by market forces - cheap natural gas.

you didnt ask a question

Yes, isn’t fracking wonderful…

it did not get “owned” there are still many coal plants and coal is still needed

glad you like the market today

What were Republicans willing to cut? They’re the ones who voted in those deficits.

Spend and borrow.
Spend and borrow.
Spend and borrow.
Spend and borrow.

In some ways yes, in some ways no. There are pros and cons.

From 2008 to 2016, coal production almost dropped in half mostly due to the natural gas boom. That’s getting owned.

maybe in your gamer menatlity world

yes its declining but still in demand.

They may find a real job while they are waiting… Tons of jobs out there…

Coast Guard, FBI, federal prison guards, ATF, Border Patrol etc aren’t real jobs?

Wrong.

10things

1 Like

Some are, some aren’t…

We all know I’m right…