The future King Charles III may expel Prince Andrew from the Royal Family

It will probably not happen during Queen Elizabeth II’s final years.

But it is well known that Prince Charles already despised his brother, even before all the Epstein **** broke.

At the very least, once Charles III ascends to throne, he will likely relieve Andrew of his remaining duties and banish him from public life.

But he may go farther than that. He may relieve Andrew of the status of His Royal Highness, his title of Prince and all his other titles, leaving just Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, a mere commoner British subject.

Prince Charles has long advocated streamlining the Royal Family and reducing the number of titled Royals. Sacking Andrew would be a good start in that direction. His two daughters would likely lose their titles and Royal status as well.

I would not be surprised at all if King Charles III were to issue Letters Patent very early in his reign significantly reducing the number of titled Royals.

It is kind of interesting that Prince Andrew was the Queen’s favorite child growing up. Probably a good part of his reckless behavior is that he has always felt he has the Queen’s favor and protection. That will end with the Queen’s death. King Charles III will certainly take his brother down several notches at the very least.

Andrew might even end up like his uncle the Duke of Windsor, who after abdicating the throne spent the rest of his life in exile in France.

I think Charles should take the hard line. It might not stop sordid behavior among certain Royals, but it would at least discourage reckless behavior.

I’ve never been a big fan of Charles as well. I consider the way he abandoned Diana and ran to Camilla to be sordid in its own right.

I’ve been hoping that kingship jumps straight to William, though “National Enquirer-type” rumors indicate William is no better.

Meh. Royals. Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

3 Likes

The only way Charles does not become King is if Queen Elizabeth II outlives him. Possible, but not likely.

Even though Lizzie has indicated that she would never abdicate; I think she will do exactly that within the next 18 months.

I agree totally. Charles is no prize himself plus no real interest in the royals.

2 Likes

Can confirm that Andrew is hated within the royal family and has been for a long time.

Agreed.

Yeah but they didn’t even strip the pro-Nazi king who abdicated and married a German spy of his titles.

I agree. Physically she is declining and probably mentally as well.

BUT

She may not necessarily abdicate. Instead, she may accept a regency. Essentially she would remain the Sovereign, but Prince Charles would become Prince Regent and assume all her primary powers and duties. He would preside over the privy council, sign laws, preside over the State Opening of Parliament, etc.

I wouldn’t accept that arrangement if I was Charles. Didn’t the Dutch Queen abdicate a few years ago?

The Monarchy was a lot more insulated in that time. Times have changed. I should note that the Duke of Windsor was effectively exiled and considered persona non gratis by the Royal Family for the remainder of his life.

Why is this in politics?

She MIGHT abdicate, but it could go either way. I think once she reaches that point, she probably won’t have long to live anyhow.

It is of political import, but since there is a complaint, I have moved it.

It’s English politics.

He was “allowed” back into Britain only once- on the death of his mother.

Andrew announced today that he is stepping down from his Royal duties.

There’s no guarantee that Charles will become Charles III when he becomes king. He could change his name like a lot of royals before him. Doubtful but possible.

Charles as a name is problematic. One might lose one’s head.

They don’t change their names, they have multiple names at birth. They can be coronated with any one of them they choose.
Prince Charles’ given names are Charles Philip Arthur George.
Queen Elizabeth II’s names are Elizabeth Alexandra Mary.