The former guy sues Clinton, the DNC

Trump sues Hillary Clinton, DNC for more than $70 million over 2016 election, ‘spurious’ Russia collusion claims

I think that this lawsuit will fail. Political speech during campaigns is given enormous leeway.

This is why, for example, we don’t see lawsuits from Dems who have been called Marxists, baby killers, or accused of wanting to destroy the country.

Oh good, I was wondering if that was a possibility, given that they used tax payer dollars to forge lies.

2 Likes

But the DNC and Clinton didn’t do that. The tax payer dollars weren’t spent until the government spun up the investigations.

The getaway driver can also be charged with the murder he didn’t even see happen. :person_shrugging:

Regardless, anything that damages the Clintons is good in my book. :+1:

3 Likes

Edit: I changed the link to provide one with a summary

Well, that’s all true. I hope the Clintons lose bigly. lol

2 Likes

But being a getaway driver is illegal. Making an outrageous accusation against a political opponent is not.

By the logic you are using, states should be able to sue Trump for the cost of the big lie investigations.

1 Like

I would just like to be in the room when someone explains to Trump** that during even a civil suit discovery, depositions and testimony under oath go both ways.

It would be wonderful to see the subpoena’s that DNC lawyers will request through the Judge and then to see Trump** testifying under oath.
Reality is I don’t think it will get that far. This is a PR stunt and another avenue to grift the suckers.

WW

8 Likes

No it’s not true. The Mueller report definitely shows a “link” between Russia and the campaign.

What the report does not show is conspiracy or coordination between the two.

In any event, I think the suit doesn’t go anywhere, but Trump does run the risk of reopening the whole affair in the public’s mind. Does he really want to encourage people to look beyond Barr’s white wash?

I’m not here to try and convince you otherwise, I’m just glad the Clintons are losing money for their government-funded lies. I’ll be back for the celebrations. :wink:

1 Like

Agreed. There is no way a lawyer worth a damn wants Trump giving a depo. I think you’re probably right, and this shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

I will be quite shocked if this gets anywhere near discovery.

1 Like

@SixFoot If you think Trump is owed damages because of a “media frenzy” .Then you must think Obama was owed damages from Trump for saying his birth certificate wasn’t real…correct?

2 Likes

Especially considering Trump used government resources to fabricate that conspiracy right before having the FBI spy on him. :rofl:

1 Like

Ooh. That’s a good one.

Oh. Just reading the thread title, I thought you meant Dr. Levine.

1 Like

And it will give some Lawyers the ability to pay for their lifestyle. That is, if they get paid.

Litigious dipwad acts litigious.

This will go exactly nowhere. As with Trump’s clumsy Biden-Ukraine TV mafia-move, where the point was merely to announce the investigation, the point here is the announcement.

3 Likes

I like this whiny part…

“Under the guise of ‘opposition research,’ ‘data analytics,’ and other political stratagems, the Defendants nefariously sought to sway the public’s trust,” says the lawsuit, filed in federal court in Florida. “They worked together with a single, self-serving purpose: to vilify Donald J. Trump.”

Ummm…thats what campaigns do.