The Fairfax conundrum

Dr. Ford is a political enemy. Did any conservatives accuse Kavanaugh when he was high school? With political enemies, politics often enter. Fairfax was accused by political allies. That raises the bar a bit…

And your killing a baby in the delivery room politicians are just Lil angels. :angel: C’mon man Lose the holier than though attitude. We tolerate our politicians. You adore yours. The parties are run by the power hungry and the greedy. Get over it.

You obviously didn’t read the post to which you replied. You had said that false accusations were rare, especially against a person like Kavanaugh (whatever that meant)
I gave you an example of three clearly false accusations against Kavanaugh, none of whom was Ford.
One even admitted they had lied just for the attention.
After 36 years, Fords accusation was not a provable lie, just not provable.

You do more than tolerate your politicians. You defend them. You’re no different. Get over it.

Don’t worry, calls have ceased for impeachment and further action. Your guy is safe, hw can do what he wants.

Hows about we stop being reactionary and wait for things (like investigations) to play out in these situations?

Just ignore Kavanagh, let’s be patient now!

Is Kavanaugh being asked resign or are there calls for impeachment?

Does he have a lifetime position?

Washington Post seems to think so.

Nope. We should ignore it. Got it. Trump doesn’t have one either. Guess we can ignore him too. Glad we cleared that up!

That’s probably not true. I’ll see if today’s ‘news’ supports your contention or you’re just running interference with ‘fake news’.

Over the past several days, practically the entire Democratic establishment rose up to demand fellow Democrats Northam and Fairfax immediately step down. But the tone changed markedly after the weekend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wtop.com/virginia/2019/02/possible-impeachment-could-further-upend-virginia-politics/amp/

Can’t force him to do what you want. Now it’s up to the Virginia voters.

Why all the uproar about King then? This is no big deal obviously.

You’re right, and that’s good. They’re slowing down to allow for further investigation. Hope you’re not disappointed. I’m not.

But the accusers must be believed! So I was told by a democratic senator during Kavanagh proceedings. These accusers shouldn’t be believed?

Quit asking me to defend others positions. I’ve given you mine.

Still can’t figure out where you are though since all you’ve done is try to point to dem hypocrisy. I don’t see you giving Fairfax the conservative treatment Kavanaugh received.

Nor do a see a line of cons espousing ‘presumed innocent’.

I didn’t see a line of dems espousing “presumed innocence” with Kavanagh. You didn’t even have a stated position about that whole process. You said you’re being consistent - I have a hard time believing that.

And looking back through the thread, I don’t actually see you taking a position. So I guess you are consistent in that regard.