The Experiment Has Failed

So much for blaming Trump.

I think both views are valid.

Hitler and the NAZIs took advantage of endemic German anti-semitism and anti-communism as well as the shame the nation felt over the events of 1914-1918.

By the same token, it wasn’t that hard to convince so many Germans that the Nazi point of view was legitimate. Many held similar views to Hitler, maybe not to the same extremes, but they were prevalent. Hitler himself was the product of Germanic views on Judaism and other non-Germans.

Many people see the Holocaust as something that only occurred because of Hitler and the Nazis. I reject that entirely. It was the result of centuries of hatred. The power keg was already there. The disaster of 1918 and 1919 lit the fuse. Hitler and his followers directed the burn.

1 Like

Even then, it took the Great Depression.

Which “just happened”.

I find it interesting some of you believe a society can’t be directed, yet have no problem believing man can cause global warming.

Holy non sequitur.

1 Like

So do we all agree?

Aren’t you the bright eyed optimist today. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Always. :wink:

Yet they think they can eradicate racism, hatred, bigotry etc…never mind the fact that includes themselves.

“Constant need to be the center of attention”

Quoted for irony. Too funny.

Am I the center of your attention?

Are you offering this as support for the op?

A compatriot.

These two concepts are in no ways related.

Well they are but not in the way you think.

Yes they are. You have no idea what I think. Don’t try to “read between the lines”, just try to keep up.

Ok, I guess.

No they aren’t.

And I’m keeping up just fine, thank you very much.

The concepts “society isn’t directed” and “humans caused global warming” are in no ways contradictory.

In fact global warming serves as a nice example of how extraordinarily difficult it is to direct society.

No, you aren’t. Small thinking is not going to keep up. But you have a great day.

You’re right…small thinking is not going to keep up, so stop doing it.

:sunglasses: