The edit button is sorta back but now I can edit others posts

I thought i just saw you edit your post. Am i wrong?

I just edited this post on my phone. I saw the orange notepad icon, and was able to make the edit. So I’m not sure why you’re having issues.

Thanks, now I get it.

So if you want to be able to edit your own posts, you have to make them editable by others?

There must be a better way.

Seeing it with some posts, not others.

This is true. However, you are able to lock the post after your edit, so that others cannot edit it. Just turn off the wiki through the same process as turning it on.

.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Click the ellipsis in the lower right.
  2. Click the wrench icon
  3. Click Make Wiki
  4. Click the newly added edit wiki icon (in red)
  5. Edit post and save
  6. Click the wrench again and remove wiki so others cannot edit your post.

.>>>>

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be that complicated… But at least the feature is there.

Oh, and thanks for doing the work in making a step by step guide. I’ve been in this thread since the beginning and I hadn’t thought of doing that.

Wiki’s can be neat on forums, but yeah, not exactly easy to make edits :slight_smile:

Actually, I think it’s fairly easy to make edits. It’s just that process is not exactly intuitive. Hopefully this thread will help spread the knowledge around.

This should be a sticky.

Whose job is that?

The original edit button allowed posters to edit each other’s posts no holds barred. This “complicated” version at least gives you the ability to lock your edit. There are no options, other than this one, in this software that allows posters to edit only their own posts.

While it may be “complicated”, I appreciate the ability being available.

Is there a way to “sticky” WW’s post somewhere so that the process of editing might be more widely known? I ask not for myself, but for others who might not see this post and wish to read it in it’s entirety?

edit: my old method of editing posts was to copy/paste into a new post, make edits, and delete the old post. This new method is “better”.

Actually it not that complicated.

It doesn’t take that much, only couple clicks.

Done.

I agree. It’s just not intuitive. That’s evident by how long it’s taken the board to learn how it works.

No, but once you got it down it’s rather simple.

Beside if this illiterate can do it…any monkey can. :wink:

geico-caveman

Don’t sell yourself short @conan. You’re good people.

You can bookmark the post to get back to it quickly.

Click the ellipsis select the bookmark icon.

When you click your avatar image in the upper right and the drop-down opens, click the bookmark icon (it’s at the top above the recent activity posts. That will then take you to your community bookmarks list.

.>>>>

I don’t need to reference your post for future consideration. I think I already know how to do it.

I just thought it’d be good for people who were unaware of how to edit posts.

.>

:sunglasses:

I bookmarked it myself to be able to give other people a link.

.>>>>