The edit button is sorta back but now I can edit others posts

I know. I was hesitant to actually use the edit feature, because it left it open for other people to edit my posts. Now there’s no downside.

Yes you can edit their post once they have edited themselves first.

Keep in mind of Snow warning. :wink:

You can’t edit other posts, Hugh fixed it unless the original poster edited it first.

I used that to test out few things for a mod.

Sorry.

You can?

Damn didn’t see, I’ll have to try.

Testing testing.

No worries conan. I left the post up for as long as I did for educational purposes.

Also, GFI has informed me that posters can turn the post’s editability off when they’re done with their editing, so that other people aren’t tempted to edit it for you.

I know Snow’s warning on the subject, but I also like to lock my door when i leave my house.

Cool, isn’t it?

Yeah, I just did it.

Cool.

Thanks Mods.

Thank Cali. Apparently it’s been an option all along, she just figured it out. I’ve done nothing to the code, can’t. All I can do is level people up and down. It’s good to know you can lock wiki.

1 Like

It’s funny that we’re all learning about the features of this board together. I’m quite glad @hwyflier created this thread, because I feel it’s enabled a lot of learning for the overall community.

:+1:

Edited to add: I can edit my posts :grin:

Test 12346tesrygg

I can’t. How do you do it? How do I get the note pad to appear without hitting the wiki button?

Edit: You have to remove the wiki after editing. Otherwise anyone can edit your posts. Like so. - Dem

You made it a wiki, use the notepad icon…

Edited test!

Test 12345
.>>>>

This is weird…As I scroll through the posts in this thread, I see where I might be able to edit some, but not most others. I can edit the posts of other users, but not ll of the posts of those same users.

What makes any particular post editable?

This forum software is goofy.

Can you walk me through it step by step please.

Click on the orange icon on the right hand side of your post.

See? there you go.

There isn’t one. I’m on a phone. Like this. I saw the orange note pad, it said edit wiki

A person first needs to turn their post into a wiki. You need to be level 3 in order to do that. Once it’s a wiki (yeah, i have no idea why it’s called a wiki) then you can click on the orange icon to edit the post. It would behoove people to turn off their post as a wiki, so that other people are unable to edit the post further.