The DOW now bothers me. It needs to turn around

Bets on whether the “Trump gains” will be erased this year?

As a younger person I am mostly gonna let it ride but I wonder how older retired or near retirement folks are looking at the next 5 years. I have a strong feeling the Bull is dead.

i called my financial adviser on Thursday and he convinced me that i’m still too aggressive. going to change some allocations today.

What does too aggressive mean to y’all?

~80% stock, 20% bonds

1 Like

That’s a very christmasy looking chart

Are they still pushing the 100 - Age = Suggested Equities Allocation?

If it doesn’t hold these levels we’ll probably see somewhere around 22,000 on the Dow. What ever happens next week we’ll still likely see more volatility over the next few weeks until the next round of earnings reports. Even if they come in soft the guidance will be key.

i don’t know.

About to test 24000 again. If it breaks we going back to 18000 imo

Yikes. Looking like a bad day again. Seriously flirting with 24,000 and solidly down when looking YTD.

Why do you see another 6000 plunge at that break point?

I am sitting on some cash waiting to invest.

that’s not what the DOW is now.

So it’s officially trump’s now?? What date did that change??

Happy?

It was Trumps economy last year when the stock market was rising. It is now back to Obama’s economy now that it is falling.

Please keep up.

1 Like

Well Trump started claiming it at the election. His Dow references were based on that.

Except trump started a trade war which is negatively effecting our economy.

When he blew up the deficit with his tax cuts then started trade wars

Historical…19,000ish is where the last big breakout was

It’s true that the Market would love to see a resolution to the trade war but that is not the primary reason for the sell off in the market. The concern about global economic growth is.

Presidents and legislation can have a big effect but they dont “control” it and no one is saying they do “control” it