The Double Standard

■■■■■■■■■■

I know exactly what it is and they laundered campaign money through a law firm to pay for that trash.

Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee violated campaign finance law by failing to disclose payments for a dossier on Donald Trump, according to a complaint filed Wednesday with the Federal Election Commission.

The complaint from the nonprofit Campaign Legal Center said the Democrats effectively hid the payments from public scrutiny, contrary to the requirements of federal law. By law, campaign and party committees must disclose the reason money is spent and its recipient.

“By filing misleading reports, the DNC and Clinton campaign undermined the vital public information role of campaign disclosures,” said Adav Noti, senior director of trial litigation and strategy at CLC and a former FEC official. “Voters need campaign disclosure laws to be enforced so they can hold candidates accountable for how they raise and spend money. The FEC must investigate this apparent violation and take appropriate action.”

Media reports on Tuesday alleged that a lawyer for the Clinton campaign hired Fusion GPS to investigate Mr. Trump in April 2016. The private research firm reportedly hired Christopher Steele, a former British spy with ties to the FBI, to conduct the opposition research, and he compiled a dossier containing allegations about Mr. Trump’s connections to Russia.

The Clinton campaign and the DNC funded the effort until the end of October 2016, just days before the election.

“Questions about who paid for this dossier are the subject of intense public interest, and this is precisely the information that FEC reports are supposed to provide,” said Brendan Fischer, director of federal and FEC reform at CLC. “Payments by a campaign or party committee to an opposition research firm are legal, as long as those payments are accurately disclosed. But describing payments for opposition research as ‘legal services’ is entirely misleading and subverts the reporting requirements.”
… .

Running campaign money through a law firm for “legal advice” which was actually used to pay foreign agents for a fabricated smear job on the opposition.

Yep…drip, drip, drip. I wonder if the IGs upcoming report will have any of this in it?

Doubtful, that’s not his job.

This one falls to the FEC and DOJ.

Then maybe what the IG report exposes will have a domino effect and expose it that way?

I think most of the establishmentarians would like the whole thing to be buried and forgotten as quickly as possible unless it leads to a Trump impeachment.

There is a deeply entrenched bureaucracy and whether we like it or not most of them at the top care far more about pushing their partisan agendas via the offices they hold, covering their own asses and protecting each other than they do serving the countries.

Perhaps worse is that it appears particularly at the FBI the number one priority is avoiding anything that makes them look bad or untrustworthy as an organization.

The recent firings are the exception rather than the rule. Int he federal gov’t usually people fail up, not out or down.

2 Likes

No doubt

10 ch

That’s not money laundering.

Might be illegal for other reasons, but what you are describing is not money laundering.

That’s not money laundering.

Money laundering is when you take illegal gains - like money from the sale of illegal drugs - and turn it into legal income.

For example, I sell $1,000 worth of drugs. I take the thousand dollars and deposit it into my cash washing business’s checking account and claim I washed 100 cars today at $10 a car.

Now that $1,000 is seen as legitimate income - until the scam is discovered.

hiring a law firm for legal advice, when in reality they are providing OP research is not laundering. It sounds like it could be a violation of campaign finance rules.

Yeah, still not meeting a single criteria of money laundering. Just stop looking silly.

Shut the front door!

And one of my favorites, you’re a dusty old crow!

Ugh. The Moonie Times stinks. Notice the headline – “FEC complaint accuses Clinton…” It reads like the FEC is doing the accusing. They are not. The Campaign Legal Center (CLC) filed the complaint. All of the quotes in the article are from the CLC. The article does not support your accusation of money laundering or anything else.

1 Like

Fact-free rants are fact-free.

1 Like

For some reason, no matter what time of day it is people on this website seem to wish to destroy my threads by posting over them immediately! For this I’m very curious about, and wish to know more about? Weather they’re Democrats or Republicans, and I do know wish to know why, but have never gotten an answer. I guess that the average Joe’s(or the normal man’s opions) don’t really count amongst people with political power. I’m all for respecting Conservatives in power, and possibly even some Republicans, but not If they’re not willing to accept the average persons voice??? For this, I will always fight for!
I have to say something different, otherwise it won’t let me post here, so up, and blah, and yup

Nobody here has any more political power than you do. We’re all just one voice.

The large the reaction to your threads by the trolls the better job you are doing because obviously they want to end the discussion as quickly as possible.

Every since the trolls were let back in on the old site this has been a constant problem.

You just have to stick with it and say your peace and if you can, stay on topic and on point.

Try not to get into the cesspool with them if you can avoid it.

Atta boy!!

1 Like

Could you possibly rewrite that nonsensical piece in a form that makes sense, please?

There is no form that makes sense.

1 Like