The DNC is a "Big Tent" Party

I didn’t say anything about “forgiven”. Neither you nor I is in a position to forgive her.

It’s what they do after (or while) serving their sentence that determines whether they are “good” or not.

Sure, what’s not to be proud of? What’s a little kidnapping, rape and murder among friends, right.

Who is asking for her to be punished more?

she served her punishment.

When some thug gets in a fight with police we hear how they were “a gentle giant who was just turning his life around:” from the media. Fine. Let them turn their life around. Don’t put them on a political pedestal. In 2016 we were hearing stories like “Trump tried to kiss me two decades ago”. Can you imagine if it turned out he had torture/murdered someone a couple of decades ago?
All is forgiven. I turned my life around.
As far as her story, we don’t get to hear the other side of it, do we?
The jury heard the details and made their decision.

one of the most outspoken GOP supporters is a person who adopted a 15 year old so he could have sex with her and wrote song about having sex with underage woman. This person has spoken at number of GOP events and Trump rallies.

I’m sure. I don’t agree.

He should not. What is his name? Why wasn’t he in jail for the rest of his life?

His name is Theodore Anthony Nugent.

Ted Nugent.

here he is with his good friend Donald Trump.

The guy she helped torture and kill will be serving his punishment forever.

No, prison is societies punishment for wrongdoing period.

She was sentenced, and served her sentence.

maybe in America.
but she served her punishment.

Actually, according to wikipedia, she was of legal age as she was 17 and legal age was 16…therefore it was not illegal and he has not been found guilty of any such thing. Big difference.
His writings alone make him sound pretty sleazy, though. I wouldn’t have him supporting me.

You keep repeating that BS over and over.

No one is debating that.

She was 17, he was 30. While it wasn’t statutory rape according to Hawaii law, it was against the law for him to marry her.

So he convinced her parents to basically sign her over and became her legal guardian.

For the purposes of having sex with her.

Yes. As I said, sleazy but not illegal and I wouldn’t have him supporting me. All you got is whataboutism in this case?

1 Like

No, I’m not arguing that Ted Nugent and Donna Hylton are comparable.

For one thing, she was actually punished.

Actually she didn’t, she was paroled.

Parole is part of the sentence.

She served 26 years inside, of a sentence of 25-life.