The confederate flag. hatred not heritage

I don’t care, even though I live in a blue state my family is from Tennessee none of them cared either about the flag one way or the other. I think you will find only a small percentage of people do strongly care about the flag flying on a public building. What they oppose of is mobs ripping ■■■■ down. I personally haven’t met or talked with anyone who said they would care if a statue or flag was removed from a building if people voted on taking it down.

I have seen more than my fair share of hammer and sickles at protests and rallies through the years where I live, I personally find it distasteful as I do all the people wearing Che Guevara shirts but if some idiot wants to wear it whatever it’s a piece of cloth. What I do care about is action not words or symbols. I don’t care that they wear Che shirts I however do care deeply when those same people take over six blocks in the city I live in, as I would if a thousand confederates took over a portion of a city, I would have the sense not to support that as well. To many people on the left are brushing this action aside as no biggie, they shouldn’t the inverse could happen. What is that saying for every action their is and equal or greater reaction? I don’t want to see that reaction.

My line of thought would be the cloth can’t hurt you the idiots can.

1 Like

Confederate veterans? Probably not a lot. But that’s just a guess.

1 Like

Strong rebuttal. Nailed it.

Any kind of veteran. I didn’t think so either. lol

A bunch of kids playacting at having a sit in like they heard their grandparents had can hurt you?

If you think that, you’re far less hardy than you let on.

The Fredericksburg slave auction block was recently removed following a city council vote - you can converse with several people right here who are firmly against its movement to a museum.

1 Like

And yet you can fly a Nazi flag in the United States without much controversy at all, why is that exactly? Never mind I know why and it’s because there is no leftist Democrat political benefit! :roll_eyes:

The Supreme court ruled 8-1 decision in the Westboro Baptist Church case that hate speech is a constitutional “free speech” right in this country and you can say hateful things, hold up hateful signs, and fly hateful flags, so love it or hate it the Confederate flag has the same rights.

You can virtue signal all you want about ancient history and the atrocious ways un-evolved people acted hundreds of years ago but that was then, this is now, most Americans have evolved & leftists need to catch up :roll_eyes: because free speech rights still exist in the United States.

1 Like

Who apart from racists and fascists would want to fly a flag with the swastika on it?

Who apart from racists would want to fly the confederate flag.

As someone else said the confederacy lasted 5 years, hardly a long time in this nations history or long enough to be part of some tradition. Flying that flag has nothing to do with history or tradtions.

The reality is people want fo display that flag because a) they somehow think they are sticking it to PC culture b) They have the attitude that if it pisses off liberals then its good or c) they are flat out racists.

Who flys the Nazi flag without controversy. Any one flying it is treated as low life scum as they should be

The thing is, when numerous localities started discussions about removing Confederate statues the state governments quickly passed laws requiring localities to have state government permission before they removed any statues.

An inanimate object can not be racist.
End of your credibility and it should be the end of this thread.

1 Like

KKK Hood? What would you call that

It’s amazing the lengths some will go to defend racist symbols

t
To be a racist one must be able to form opinions. A piece of cloth cannot do that.

It’s amazing the fundamental ignorance I see here.

1 Like

What would you call a KKK hood?

It’s made of cloth.
If that’s the best you can do, I think I’m wasting my time here.

Can’t answer the question? Is it just a head covering?

Is N word with “er” racist? After all, words do not have feelings either.

1 Like

The poster that responded knows its a losing argument, so has to resort to nit picking. Typical tactic used many times here. As is saying “wasting my time here”.

Racism Definition:

the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

To be a racist, one must be able to hold beliefs. Can a flag do that? No. Can a KKK hood do that? No.