The Coming Apocalypse

NASA is sending a rocket to try to hit an asteroid to see if they can change it’s trajectory. the idea is to use this experiment in hopes of one day save the earth from a hit from one big enough to burn up the planet & ending the world.

The Scriptures say that’s not how it’s going to happen…the earth will indeed one day end:
2 Peter 3:10

Then will come the day of Judgement: Revelation 20:12

I think it’s great much of what NASA does, I think it advances the country with new tech.

We should all quit being concerned about the Hollywood version of the Apocalypse, & concern ourselves more with those books being opened…

2 Likes

Please elaborate.

1 Like

Well, if The Scriptures say how it will end, who are we to question? Just like when The Scriptures outlined God’s edicts on how to enslave your fellow man. Who are we to question?

1 Like

Thank you for bringing up that truth, Caesar. It is good having a Christian perspective on reality. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving with the Family.

I too believe in the Bible and God’s Word.

Philippians 4:4-7

The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.

2 Likes

You know, it also says love your neighbor as yourself…turn the other cheek…give to the poor…take care of widows & orphans…do good to those who despitefully use you & persecute you…pray for your enemies…

You can see what you want from Scripture, or you can see things the way God meant it to be understood. I wont argue with you about it.

Acts 22:16
New King James Version
16 And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’

In the meantime, should we be concerned about our world and the environment?

And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof; but when ye entered, ye defiled my land, and made mine heritage an abomination. Jeremiah 2:7

I certainly don’t think we should trash things up, but the basic idea behind that passage is talking about spiritual defilement & abomination.

Having said that, God had laws about not mistreating animals, & not destroying nature.

I don’t think the passage is simply allegory, it is should also be taken literally.

I wish all Christians felt the way you do, but there are those that believe the rapture will occur any day and caring for the earth is unimportant. That is an insult to God’s creation.

I do think that particular passage was referring to spiritual defilement & abomination, not nature. There are other passages that speak of those things.

Even when it came to an ox treading grain, they was not allowed to muzzle the ox, so it could eat the grain as it worked treading it. He had compassion even on the ox, imagine how it would feel, looking at the grain, longing to eat a little as it worked all day, wanting some but not allowed to even taste it. God wouldn’t allow it to be treated that way. There’s other passages like that, but just the one would be sufficient to understand not to mistreat animals.

I have said a long time, they have nerve ending & feel hunger just like we do…

Another that comes to mind is the passage that says not to cut down fruit trees to build some things with.

Also: Proverbs 12:10 NKJV:
10 A righteous man regards the life of his animal,
But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

1 Like

He has compassion. Jesus is alive. God reigns… The world has to stop running away. Thank you Ceasar

1 Like

If he has compassion on the ox, how much more people!

A most interesting thread…

Just a couple weeks ago I was talking to a coworker. We got to talking about this very subject and he said there is an asteroid named apophis that is going to pass by the earth in 2029. It will pass close enough to earth to be seen in daylight. Supposedly, NASA has predicted that the orbit of Apophis poses no danger to earth. What I found interesting is that someone outside of NASA calculated the orbit also and believes that NASA either miscalculated the orbit, or is deliberately withholding the truth that Apophis is actually going to hit the earth. More interesting is that this person who calculated the correct orbit informed Donald Trump and this coming event is what really prompted the creation of the Space Force, and coincidentally, NASA is now doing experiments to try and deflect asteroids.

Biblically, the idea is supported by some with Revelation 8:8 “And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood.”

Whether Apophis hits the earth or not, other end time events predicted in the Bible are lining up. The coming alliance between China and Russia is coming along nicely and the disappearance of America as a world power is well underway. We really don’t have long to wait for the Apocalypse

On the one hand, I hate to see America die, on the other hand, if Apophis DOES hit the earth, it’s AFTER THE RAPTURE! Get ready…

Supposedly… that sounds like that is based on a book called “The Wormwood Prophecy: NASA, Donald Trump, and a Cosmic Cover-up of End-Time Proportions (2019)” written by Thomas Horn

You may remember Tom from other great pseudo-science Illuminati cover-up hits such as:

Zenith 2016: Did Something Begin in the Year 2012 That Will Reach Its Apex in 2016? (2013)
Nephilim Stargates: The Year 2012 and the Return of the Watchers (2007)
Petrus Romanus, The Final Pope is Here (2012)
On the Path of the Immortals: Exo-Vaticana, Project L. U. C. I. F. E. R., and the Strategic Locations Where Entities Await the Appointed Time (2015)

solid stuff there…

The four horsemen are probably an allegory for the bronze age collapse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4

Very possible. I haven’t read any books by him but I do know there are lots of ideas out there on relating current world events to end time predictions. Another guy that Comes to mind is John Hagee. I remember his blood moon predictions and I did see one of his videos on their significance. Nothing happened… While I don’t necessarily attach any credence to any persons specific predictions, I do believe we are in the end times. All the things in prophecy are going to happen, Jesus told us “when you see these things begin…” but the exact manner and timing of those events were not given to us. We have educated guesses, outright speculation and some pure fiction put out for entertainment and profit. I find them all interesting, but ultimately what is going to happen is going to happen according to Gods plan, regardless of what we believe. Now I want to find that book…

It also says to carry with you a spade to wipe your butt with.

But in fairness, that’s the OT, not scriptures

believers have believed we’ve been in the end times since the beginning.

granted, I am not religious or spiritual but the mythology (if you don’t mind that use of the word) is fascinating to me.

Liberals think we are in end times with globals warming and a coming flood and only mass sacrifice can save us…

1 Like

Granted. People have believed and preached for centuries that the end is nigh. Many have given dates and times and obviously have been wrong. But again, Jesus gave us signs to look for that hadn’t been given or even possible in times past.

Think about this: if the existence of the Anti-Christ is a true prophecy, and he literally is going to be a leader that the whole world will follow- How would you envision such a person would emerge on the world stage? We are not a world of peace and love and unity, we are a world of war and hatred and division. How, or who could bring Muslims and Jews together or Christians with Hindus or Buddhists? Who could rule over both White Supremacists and BLM? What could cause everyone to willingly or unwillingly to submit to the rule of one person? How about something that affected the entire world at once? Perhaps something like a virus??

I’m not saying and I don’t believe Covid is the catalyst that will give rise to the AC, but until very recently, namely the age of instant communication around the entire world (Facebook, Twitter etc.), how would everyone even hear that such a uniting leader had arisen on the world stage and what his plan was for solving the worlds problems?

How about this; scripture says those that don’t receive the mark of the beast will not be able to buy and sell. How is this possible? All it would take to cripple most peoples ability for commerce would be to click off their debit and credit cards, literally the proverbial pushing of a few buttons. You ask- what about cash or currency in peoples possession? Easy- First: most people have very little cash reserves to begin with (done deliberately BTW), Second: remove existing cash from society a little at a time, we’ve been having shortages of bills, and especially coins since last year ( by coincidence, COVID is blamed), Third: print so much currency that inflation makes it near worthless… Again, I’m not saying any one event is pointing to end times, but that we are seeing MANY things coming together that weren’t until very recently, and why all past predictions of end times simply couldn’t have happened before. EVERYTHING in prophecy must be fulfilled, not just some or even most.