The Coming Apocalypse

NASA is sending a rocket to try to hit an asteroid to see if they can change it’s trajectory. the idea is to use this experiment in hopes of one day save the earth from a hit from one big enough to burn up the planet & ending the world.

The Scriptures say that’s not how it’s going to happen…the earth will indeed one day end:
2 Peter 3:10

Then will come the day of Judgement: Revelation 20:12

I think it’s great much of what NASA does, I think it advances the country with new tech.

We should all quit being concerned about the Hollywood version of the Apocalypse, & concern ourselves more with those books being opened…

2 Likes

Please elaborate.

1 Like

Well, if The Scriptures say how it will end, who are we to question? Just like when The Scriptures outlined God’s edicts on how to enslave your fellow man. Who are we to question?

1 Like

Thank you for bringing up that truth, Caesar. It is good having a Christian perspective on reality. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving with the Family.

I too believe in the Bible and God’s Word.

Philippians 4:4-7

The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.

2 Likes

You know, it also says love your neighbor as yourself…turn the other cheek…give to the poor…take care of widows & orphans…do good to those who despitefully use you & persecute you…pray for your enemies…

You can see what you want from Scripture, or you can see things the way God meant it to be understood. I wont argue with you about it.

Acts 22:16
New King James Version
16 And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’

In the meantime, should we be concerned about our world and the environment?

And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof; but when ye entered, ye defiled my land, and made mine heritage an abomination. Jeremiah 2:7

I certainly don’t think we should trash things up, but the basic idea behind that passage is talking about spiritual defilement & abomination.

Having said that, God had laws about not mistreating animals, & not destroying nature.

I don’t think the passage is simply allegory, it is should also be taken literally.

I wish all Christians felt the way you do, but there are those that believe the rapture will occur any day and caring for the earth is unimportant. That is an insult to God’s creation.

I do think that particular passage was referring to spiritual defilement & abomination, not nature. There are other passages that speak of those things.

Even hen it came to an ox treading grain, they was not allowed to muzzle the ox, so it could eat the grain as it worked treading it. He had compassion even on the ox, imagine how it would feel, looking at the grain, longing to eat a little as it worked all day, wanting some but not allowed to even taste it. God wouldn’t allow it o be treated that way. There’s other passages like that, but just the one would be sufficient to understand not to mistreat animals.

I have said a long time, they have nerve ending & feel hunger just like we do…

Another that comes to mind is the passage that says not to cut down fruit trees to build some things with.

Also: Proverbs 12:10 NKJV:
10 A righteous man regards the life of his animal,
But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

1 Like

He has compassion. Jesus is alive. God reigns… The world has to stop running away. Thank you Ceasar