The Censorship of Andrew Tate

Here in America, your skin color determines how racist your speech may be. :wink:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Not ignorant.

He has known what he is doing all along.

2 Likes

Only one side is being censored! When AOC was censored on twitter a month ago she was calling people Hitler.

1 Like

I am not a constitutional expert but is not freedom of speech all about being able to speak your mind without fear of reprisals from the government? Not private businesses?

Why should platforms have to give Tate a voice to talk about his misogynistic views or let him talk about how women have to take some responsibility when they are sexually assaulted?

It seems we are moving the goalposts of freedom of speech to now speech being free of all consequences.

Tate has no inherent right to use any platform to spout his vile messages.

2 Likes

:+1:t4:

They shouldn’t. Twitter is a tiny tiny portion of the internet. As long as they aren’t violating laws, they should be allowed to do what they want.

Twitter was billed as this “public square” but it really isn’t. Twitter has now started charging money for your message to get more visibility than others. Imagine going to a real public square and having to pay a monthly fee to use a bullhorn.

Conservatives are, definitely.

3 Likes

Yes it is.

Corporate consequences? Collective consequences? For ideology?

How is what Tate says about women more misogynistic than a rap?

If you don’t like the message, change the channel. No need to banish from the village.

It isn’t.

It’s a privately owned company. It’s a company that charges monthly for your speech to be more far reaching than other non paying users.

How many physical public squares do that?

Since you are a fan of Tate, I’m sure you know the answer to this.

Oh the irony of you, or any conservative, saying this is hilarious.

1 Like

It is. How many private companies get a President elected, impeached twice and cause him to lose an election in 4 years?

How many private companies are the platform for insurrection? Evidence in the investigation of same?

Stop.

Since you are a fan of rap, I’m sure the hypocrisy will continue.

I’m a liberal. Why is my saying it ironic?

Every company who donates to a political campaign?

How can a private company… be a public square?

1 Like

This takes us back to the old arguement of how big does a social media platform have to be before they ahould not have the right to ban who they want.

I dont see Iheartmedia abandoning its right to ban someone from this forum in the name of free speech.

What is being defended is freedom of speech, which includes you expressing your opinions about him.

What ever happened to “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”?

3 Likes

But you dont have the right to be free of consequences. Am I allowed to call a poster on this forum a kiddy fiddler and not expect to get banned?

You never answered the question.

Honesty Watch™

You keep saying “right.”

That’s not the correct word.

How big does a social media platform have to be before they assume the responsibilities commiserate with controlling the discourse?

You want to replace the government? Monopolize the discourse?

Fine.

No censoring one side over the other and no colluding with the FBI to drive an electoral outcome.

1 Like