The Biden Economy is Really looking Up!

None of your responses explains the terrible Democrat run economy. Democrats are destroying the poor and middle class right now.

All those pet (D)ogs, ripe for the manipulating. How utopian (for people like me). :rofl:

Why not?

The Biden economy is doing so great that they keep talking about a study on the radio that says over 60 percent of the country is living from check to check now.

That Wild out of control spending that pushed unflation to levels unseen since the Jimma Carter days is to blame.

1 Like

The media is truly an enemy now of “we the people”. They spin more lies than they tell the truth.

1 Like

As AI becomes more advanced it will be capable of self-maintenance so unlike say the introduction of the automobile which created a new profession of car mechanic etc AI does not need similar new professions.

Software engineers and software architects are already seeing the impact of AI and automation.

That is not to say new opportunities will not be created but not enough to replace the jobs that will be replaced.

I think I may have mentioned this but AI will have a huge impact on legal and finance professions. We have already seen tax software and IRS enhancements reduce the need for in person tax preparers. AI will further negate this need. Companies will need far less accountants as AI will be doing a lot of the data analytics. Human jobs will still exist but at a much reduced number.

Traditional professions such as plumbing will also be impacted. Maybe not right now but at some point definitely. This is an interesting article.

I am not saying this will all happen tomorrow or even in the next couple of years but definitely our grandkids and great grandkids.

Oh and lets not forget the need for messageboard mods will be replaced by AI mods :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, have seen how well those auto-censors work on FB, twitter etc.

I’ve been hearing that same malarkey all my life.

Well its not malarkey now. Talking from my own experience, AI is revolutionizing how my employer works at every level and talking to my peers at our competitors they are going through the same.

This is more than just the general info chatbots we have access to on the internet. Part of my job is educate our chatbots for different types of specific interactions and these chatbots are significantly more intelligent than the chatbots we were using just a couple of years ago. Its definitely not perfect but we have had success with certain interactions where users could not tell the difference between a human and the AI.

The conversations on here remind of what people were saying in the 90s that online shopping is no replacement for in person shopping experience. The advent of technology has addressed most of the roadblocks that people thought would be a problem and the result is brick and mortar businesses going out of business. Even instant gratification is being addressed with shorter and shorter delivery times (dependent on your location).

If businesses ignore the AI revolution in the same way so many retailers ignored the development of the internet there is going to be an awful lot of bankruptcies in future years.

1 Like

Yup, buggy makers went bankruot w the Auto.
City stores went bankropt w suburban shopping, and so on.

That is nothing new.
That has been with us since mertal was discovered.

Swhat new industries do you envision will spring up around AI in the same way that was an offshoot from the invention of the automobile and will employ just as many people.

I am not saying there wont be any but not enough new jobs will be created in the same way as have seen with previous industrial innovations.

I’ve actually agreed with this for a long time. But when I’d talked about it it wasn’t “AI” it was just automation in general.

As the simpler labor type jobs become automated, there will almost be a requirement for a basic income of some sort.

When automation becomes cheap enough…… if you have a machine that does the work of 10 people, and 1 person can monitor/feed 10 machines, you’ll have one person employed for what used to take 100.

I don’t know how to implement some form of UBI fairly in regards to production of goods, but it will have to happen someday unless something else knocks us back to the Stone Age again first.

We shouldn’t be flippant (dismissive) about that possibility.

Just saying.

I don’t think the “new jobs” need to be built around AI.

Cyrus McCormick invented one of the 10 or so greatest labor saving devices in all human history. It made humanity a LOT wealthier and it unemployed a lot of farm hands.

Yet

• We have not had permanently high unemployment as a result, and
  • there was no need for a bunch of farm jobs to be built up around farming,

Alfred Nobel invented something that saved humanity a tremendous amount of mine labor.

• Same deal there and, no need to create a bunch of quasi-mining jobs, built-up around mining.

When the chainsaw was invented, lumberjacks and homeowners both became a lot richer. Etc…

1 Like

Yes, it’s malarkey now.

The impact of AI is not just on one single job but a plethora of different unrelated and unconnected professions.

Yes a lumberjack was able to be more productive but AI automation in this example is replacing the lumberjack. There is no longer a need for a human being to be the lumberjack as AI is doing the work of the lumberjack.

Now of course there is monitoring of the AI, coding of the AI, maintenance of the AI etc (until such time AI can do that themselves) but those job opportunities are far fewer.

Of course you know best, you always do :roll_eyes:

And when the wheel was invented many porter/bearer types lost their jobs.

When metallurgy came about, farmers list their jobs (mo need to plow with a stick,) and so did potters, stine cutters abd basket weavers.

It is immaterial that AI will be big (like the wheel) not small (like the chainsaw.)

At each step, with each invention (big or small) mankind was BETTER off.

The one invention that way truly bad fir mankind was the mindset that “This new wheel thingie will change society. We need government to first transfer a bunch of wealth and reconstruct society according to my pre-conceived wishes or we will all be worse off.”

That is hooey. It is unscientific (not based on data, or history, or evidence of any kind. not repeatable, etc…)

Indeed

I am not saying mankind will not be better off just there will be a seismic social shift.

In the health insurance industry chatters are taking 3 chats per person (with the help of AI) as opposed to 1 person taking a single voice call. As there is a shift to chat and digital (emboldened by AI automation) there will be far less opportunties for employment as a customer service rep. There are not new job opportunities opening up as this shift. Heck we even have algorthims that are predicting who will call and why, these are disturbingly accurate. This is enabling AI automation to fix those gaps so the call never occurs.

1 Like