The auto refresh?

Should moderators be familiar enough with forum software to give basic instructions to forumers as to how forumers can use that software, such as editing one’s own posts, a function available on every other Internet forum in the universe?

My apologies. I’m asking too much.

1 Like

If I was in charge I would have figured out the software a long time ago.

1 Like

When we first migrated to the board, we set everyone’s level so they had an edit button (not wiki). That allowed them to edit anyone’s posts (and not at mod level). Someone found the wiki option after that.

And we won’t let people get to the level that they see an edit button on every post.

Donno. Sounds like a permissions setting that needs to be tweeked.

Clearly it’s above my pay level.

1 Like

@Snow96

Hello moderator. What level do I need to obtain to be able to edit? I’ve read about the Wiki option, but I don’t have the wrench icon available. Can you give me the procedures to follow by chance?

Your level 2, level 3 is needed for wiki

This thread explains the wiki

There are benchmarks the software requires before you can advance levels.

Can moderators bump someone’s level manually?

I’m not saying that CN deserves such a bump, but I’m more so just wondering if that’s a thing.

We can manual bump level’s up, or knock them down.

I think I understand. What I’m asking is what those benchmarks are. Or where I can go to find them? Thank you for the link as well.

Snow can correct me if these are wrong.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended
1 Like

Holy moly. Just to be able to edit a post? Lol

Thank you for the link calirepub

2 Likes

It sounds simple enough. lol

Power is not so easily relinquished no matter how beneficial it may be to everyone else.

Having to earn a certain trust level to be able to edit one’s own posts seems very silly to me. It probably also discourages new posters from sticking around. Who wants to post on a forum where you aren’t allowed to edit your own posts?

IMO, dumb system to have if you want to grow a forum.

2 Likes

You can’t tell me that other forums using this software can do it and Hannity can’t. I also can’t believe there would be a forum software out there that allows an edit button but ONLY with the caveat you can edit everyone’s posts not just your own.

Of course the functionality is there. It just requires someone with the permission level to make some edits.

I doubt snow or gw can do anything, and I don’t know who else is in charge.

Sometimes I feel like calling the show to complain to the big man him self.

I’m not so sure about that. We had use of the edit button when this site first fired up. It was only after a couple of weeks that it went away. Somebody must have done that deliberately.

On the other hand, you could be right and it was done accidently and they don’t know how to change it back. :wink:

IIRC and I might not…

I believe that functionality was taken away very quickly once it was realized that posters (not mods) could edit posts of other users.
.>>>>

Which I believe could also be fixed. Many forums use the same software and don’t have that issue.

Then why doesn’t it work that way on other forums that use the same software?

1 Like