The American Peoples Money

I’d like to know how this trade deal creates 1 single dollar for the Treasury Dept.

2 Likes

However much money tariffs paid by importers (i.e., Americans) for products from Mexico goes to the Treasury, it still needs to be appropriated and authorized by Congress.

We’re not talking about a modern army, with tanks and planes from a nation we’re at war with coming in though are we? If we were at war, we could be attacked in many ways from any direction that would make a wall ineffective. We are talking mostly of poor people without the practical means to get over, around, under or through a big wall. Very true, there is a percentage of more determined, better equipped people such as drug smugglers who will not be as easily deterred. But again, having to get not only yourself, but other items over, under, or through a big wall will drastically cut down on the flow of drugs and because of the time and effort smugglers would have to put in to overcome the wall, they are much more likely to get caught. No one has said or even implied that every single, solitary person will be stopped by a wall. The ldea is to do the most with the least, and a wall would be extremely effective means to an end. Of course, the wall would be supplemented by other means. Drones and cameras, etc. But not having a well thought out, constructed, physical structure is as stupid as having surveillance cameras in your house while you’re away, but leaving your door wide open. You wouldn’t do that, would you? Come on now- fess up. This is about keeping Donald Trump from ANY victory at all, even if Americans die as a result- it’s not because walls don’t work or make sense…

You over simplify things. Seldom is anything all or nothing. Yes, there are people who can not, or will not help themselves regardless of opportunities available. There is no cure for poverty. Most people will work for self preservation though if they have to, and even more would work to preserve their families. Too many will do absolutely nothing as long as someone else is willing to feed them, and the Democrats have encouraged this condition. They “help” the poor with just enough to keep them from revolt, but not enough to allow them the social mobilty you mention. They become dependent and complacent and seldom realize they’re being kept- as surely as any slave on a plantation in history.

1 Like

How does any of that reach the Treasury? Importers/Americans are paying exporters/Mexicans for their products. None of that money reaches the Treasury. The White House has already stated they they are not creating a tax on imports. That is specifically addressed in NAFTA and the USMCA.

If there is no tax on products, how does any money get to the Treasury (associated with this trade deal)? One could make the argument that the products are now cheaper due to the trade deal and thus the importers will make more profit. Thus, the importers would pay a higher total tax amount. That is the only way I understand for the Treasury to collect more $$ on this trade deal

The idea of a border wall predates Donald Trump’s presidency. They oppose the wall physically and its symbol of xenophobia. If military examples were not relevant then you should have not brought up military structures in the first place. By the way, those walls were manned and under constant surveillance.
These are refugees fleeing violence and poverty in search of work and safety attempting to cross the border. Your walled home example fails as in this instance you are building it to make sure no one builds, maintains and cleans your property; we are, as you imply, not seeking to deter raiders and thieves.

2 Likes

Squirrel! Lookie there!

Welfare is a cheap way of sealing the cracks many fall through in the market place. What you are suggesting is that the bandaid protecting against starvation is the reason not everyone succeeds. If poverty is a given, then it is socially and politically expedient to maintain a level of stability in society to avoid revolution and bread riots that have plagued civilizations in the past.
Social immobility isn’t exacerbated by food stamps and section 8; the ability to eat and house oneself are fundamental to any movement up the social levelat the most base level.

Welfare is a cheap way of sealing the cracks many fall through in the market place. What you are suggesting is that the bandaid protecting against starvation is the reason not everyone succeeds. If poverty is a given, then it is socially and politically expedient to maintain a level of stability in society to avoid revolution and bread riots that have plagued civilizations in the past.
Social immobility isn’t exacerbated by food stamps and section 8; on the contrary the lack of food and housing makes subsistence the primary goal, as opposed to labor specialization. There can be no “mobility” or specialization without surplus of shelter and sustenance.

1 Like

What am I encouraging? I’m just trying to point out the truth of what and who the Democrats really are, and they hate me for it.

You know all of that money that the Democrats approved for “border security”?

I’m just curious how much more that was, compared to how much Trump is asking for?

I ask, because the Democrats keep saying that they don’t want the Taxpayers to have
to pay for the wall???

Democrats think that having a drone fly over the border is going to stop illegals and refugees.

The American People want a wall, and they voted for Trump because that’s what he ran on,
and yet the Democrats could care less what the America people voted for and want!

How many Americans need to die, before the Democrats take the border seriously?

“a widespread refusal to help refugees”

Now I wonder what could possibly be driving that? Could it be the sheer number of refugees who aren’t actually refugees looking for handouts? Nah.

1 Like

Apparently it’s not enough yet.

The sucks. Maybe you can explain that to any of the children who’s parents got murdered
by an illegal immigrant?

Or explain it to any of the parents who’s children died from a drug overdose, from
all of the illegal drugs pouring over our borders?

Maybe the Democrats can go on and on preaching about equality, and
women’s rights, and have their activists, and yet look the other way
and not do anything about human trafficking, and slush funds that Democrats
set aside from the American tax payers money.

Personally, I doubt that the American tax payers want to pay for the Democrats
slush fund, so that Democrat men can rape, molest, abuse and take advantage of women.
But that’s just me. The Democrats seem to enjoy forcing things on the American people,
and doing things against their wishes anyways.

Don’t know what you are on about. I’m a conservative in favor of a wall/fence and improved border security.

A minority of the American people voted for a wall paid for by Mexico, not a wall paid for with their tax dollars. A wall paid for by American tax dollars was never on the table.

So how do you think that we should have border security as the Democrats call it?

With Drones? I’d like to know an actual effective way, without the wall?