The American Conservative calls for trumps impeachment

hardly what anyone could call a liberal source.

or a source suffering from so called TDS

In their words
Members of the House have been given a simple test of their fidelity to the Constitution. Are they enablers of presidential abuse of power and corruption, or will they do what their oaths of office require of them and hold a corrupt president in check?

and they are right. The GOP has to answer the simple question. is it party or country first. and its pretty obvious what their answer will be

1 Like

The American Conservative is Deep State…

…or owned by a lib…

…or not Conservative enough…

or something along those lines.

Good for them. The case is overwhelming here. There has never been a more clear case or time in our history to stand up for the rule of law and defend the Constitution.

2 Likes

He wont be and he will push further and further to cheat.

1 Like

The American Conservative is a never-Trump publication. As someone else mentioned… they’re also DEEP STATERS.

From the link:

“The central question at the heart of this matter has always been whether we will tolerate the president corruptly using the powers of his office for personal benefit. The president’s defenders have answered loudly that they will tolerate corruption of the presidency. If we have any respect left for the Constitution and the rule of law, it is imperative that the president is not allowed to escape without facing serious consequences for his abuses. This is important not only to hold the current president in check, but it is also necessary to warn future presidents that such corruption will not be permitted to flourish.”

This is important, and the lame defenses of his behavior don’t matter.

5 Likes

They have some good articles and regularly attack both sides, if memory serves correct it was founded by Pat Buchanan and is more libertarian, or at the least very anti-war. Again correct me it’s been awhile since I read some of their articles.

Finally some people speaking without their partisan/ideological blinders on and speaking in truth and facts. Unfortunately the push to censor and protect will prevail with no real discussion on this important matter.

The funny thing is the people there are paleoconservatives.

I am quite certain that there are those amongst Trump’s ardent supporters who claim they are paleoconservatives as well.

Where they miss out on is this aspect of pc: they hate unchecked power in government.

Barr’s speech a few weeks ago where he promoted a more vigorous Unitary Executive than anyone before had…to the point of redefining what the Revolution was all about (claiming the Founders didn’t fear a king…only an unchecked legislative branch)…should have alarmed anyone who says they are for limited government.

Sadly- it didn’t. I bet lots of people…even here…don’t even know Barr gave a speech.

6 Likes

Yup because when it happens his rabid base is going to scream and cry from the mountain top…and I’m gonna tell them ■■■■ off

2 Likes