The Admin wants 75 Million for Hamas. What about democracy?

Word salad …

Another failed Biden screw up.

Blinken and company say all kinds of words that dont matter. His buddy mayorkis has been running around saying the border is closed when we can see with our eyes it’s anything but.

After cutting ours off on day 1.

Insurgent feckless dullard signing EO’s and paying off the wrong side. Must have gotten some second hand Hunter vapors.

Put that money into the wall for the next virus that actually DOES overwhelm the medical industry.

Yet Trump had it square when he left office.

What would you consider right/wrong sides in a superpower’s orientation to foreign policy?

Right side is clarity, self interest, and compassion.

Everyone understands.

I would agree. However, self-interest will alway lead to morally questionable practices.

That is where you are wrong.

It is universally understood, any other ascribed motive will be instantly recognized as a fraud.

History shows our country and all other superpowers have struggled on this issue. I wish it was as simple as Carter espoused. I think you have two choices: take a strictly moral approach which, at times, is at the cost of self-interest or dive into the complexity of strategic interests bringing situational ethics.

Trump doctrine of economic alliance and influence through trade deals and tariffs worked exquisitely.

No military or bully bluster, just trade clarity and alliance that everyone understood well.

The results were there and we really should thank Pompeo for turning theory into reality until Biden took over and undid everything

Koshoggi?

This is 100% true the baddies always get the cash time in and time out. Hamas has an iron grip there regardless of whoever receives the money it will be in Hamas hands very fast.

1 Like

I will raise you a Solemani.

There is some art and timing involved.

A grand Hamas rocket barrage 4 months into Biden term is no fluke or coincidence. It is a flex and a probe and a familiarity with the leadership.

2 Likes

Soleimani? Precisely my point. Foreign affairs for a superpower, if self-interest is involved, will lead to morally questionable options.

That was a morally easy action.

Soleimani was a bad actor and his elimination got the attention of all the ME influencers.

We shouldn’t give Hamas money, a little research into the group is terrifying regardless of sympathies for Palestinians they are not running the show there Hamas has complete control. Don’t be surprised if they dig up later that money was used to buy rockets from Iran to shoot into Israel.

Agree. But it seems your, ‘right side is clarity, self interest, and compassion’ is not so clear. Politics makes for strange bedfellows. Self-interested, superpowers make for unwholesome bedfellows. History tells us that. If your approach improves that history, more power to you.

I agree. And I wouldn’t be surprised at all. And the money we give neighboring nations? Wouldn’t you like to know the accounting for that?

It’s a mess and has been for 70 plus years.

They know their suppliers well.

1 Like

As if you’ve never played with one before. :rofl:

2 Likes

I heard there were still people with the IQ that buy what politicians are selling. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass: