The 2018 NFL Season Thread

The Eagles are winning the game tomorrow and we will get revenge at the Coliseum next Sunday.

Thank you Rams. I donā€™t expect to ever see my Dolphins in a superbowl again in my lifetime so after that all I ever want is a superbowl devoid of the Cowboys, Patriots, and Steelers. Cā€™mon Chargers and make it so this year for me.

You have been partying tonight. :partying_face:

Very happy!

As you should be. Although I am now rooting for the Chiefs, there is nothing quite like your home team winning. Especially if it is a SB.

Youā€™re right, you didnā€™t. I inferred it from ā€œvery unlikelyā€ odds you gave the Chargers to make the Superbowl. And yes, KC should be the favorite, but itā€™s far from overwhelming, in my opinion.

Sorry, meant Arizona Cardinals. I still think they are in St. Louis. :rofl:

I thought that is who you were referring to. There is no where to go but up for the Cards next year.

Speaking of St Louis, I think itā€™s a shame they donā€™t have an NFL team anymore.

Sean McVay became tge youngest coach to ever win a playoff game.

Heā€™s more than 30 years younger than Pete Carroll. Heā€™s made some amazing achievements at such a young age.

So has Patrick Mahomes.

Donā€™t feel bad, I still call the Chargers San Diego.

Will Drew Brees retire after the SB? I think he might, especially if the Saints win.

I also wonder about Brady, who I think is 42, or will be by next season.

Theyā€™ll both play one more year.

A big problem for both teams is I donā€™t think they have anyone ready to take over.

Didnā€™t Brady say he wanted to play five more years last year? I hope he tries. I want to see the game where heā€™s benched at halftime after throwing four interceptions and fumbling once.

Good grief. FIVE more years? I had not heard that. Oh well, I guess he thinks heā€™s ageless.

I donā€™t think Brees thinks he is. I think he will do what Peyton Manning did, retire as a SB champion. Obviously that depends on their win happening, if they lose he may want to give it another year.

My bad, it was actually this season.

Heā€™s nuts, but I guess his wife and family are ok with it

Saints have Teddy Bridgewater. Canā€™t really judge him by his week 17 since the Saints were resting half the team and not really trying. Before his catastrophic leg injury he was considered a future franchise QB. Wouldnā€™t surprise me to see a team trade for him though if Brees sticks around.

I think Brees sticks around for at least one more year, especially if Brady comes back. He is already #1 all time in passing yards and passing completions and only needs 19 TDā€™s to take over #1 in passing TDā€™s. Brady is close behind him in yards and TDā€™s though so to keep the #1 spot he has to play if Brady plays. And since he hasnā€™t seen a decline in ability yet and has a great team around him I canā€™t see why he wouldnā€™t come back.

Brady on the other hand while still good has seen some decline. Even the GOAT has to eventually get old and its starting to show. Wouldnā€™t shock me either way with him.

And about Brees and his records. No one else but Brady is even close so if he retires with those records heā€™s holding them for a long long time.

Besides Brady closest active player to him in TDā€™s is Phillip Rivers who is 150 TDā€™s behind. Rapistberger and Eli Manning arenā€™t far behind but are as old as Riverā€™s. None will be around long enough to catch him. Aaron Rodgers is next of active players but nearly 190 TDā€™s behind but heā€™s 35 - his sitting on the bench for several years behind Favre pretty much doomed him from any chance of all time records. He wonā€™t catch him either unless he plays well into his 40ā€™s.

Yards is the same story with Rapistberger being the closest of the 4 and being 18,000 yards behind. Ryan is 28,000 yards behind.