The 2018 NFL Season Thread

The Chargers came from behind to win the game. I really like the call of going for the 2-point play at the end for the win.

Yes, actually they do. Donā€™t know if itā€™s enough to get them to the SB, but they definitely are a contender. The one thing that does seem very likely is the Patriots will not be in the SB. They are still a very decent team, but at this point their best years seem to be behind them.

For me itā€™s not so much if teams are playing in red or blue states, itā€™s just nice to have different areas of the country represented.

For example, i wouldnā€™t be disappointed if the Bears did make the SB, even though they wouldnā€™t be my first choice. The Bears havenā€™t been competitive in quite a few years, and their fans deserve it. Iā€™d find a Bears/Chargers SB more interesting if for no other reason than Iā€™d have a team to root for. There has been the odd SB in which I didnā€™t really care about the outcome one way or the other, but itā€™s not as fun to watch.

Imagine the Chargers winning the AFC West and hosting a playoff game in a half-empty stadium.

NFLā€™s worst nightmare.

No doubt this game brought joy to their L.A. fan. :slight_smile:

Last nights game was one of the worst reffed games Iā€™ve seen in a while. At least though there were bad calls and missed calls on both sides. And while I hate the idea of make up penalties the Chargers did deserve that phantom defensive pass interference penalty after the refs missed a blatant helmet to helmet hit on Rivers a play earlier.

You seem to do an aweful lot of whining about officiating. Donā€™t be one of those people.
Have you ever officiated in your life?

And thatā€™s part of the reason why I wont care if the Chargers make the SB. Kansas city or Chicago, for example, would go nuts if their teams make it, they are sports cities and the Chiefs and Bears are a big part of their culture.

Its the same with Green Bay, Pittsburgh and other cities.

All my commenting on officiating is demonstrating to MtnSoldier, who is infamous for whining about ref bias against his Steelers and Penguins, that bad calls happen every game. Thus my ā€œbeating a dead Steelerā€ comment some posts up. He claimed that these things only happen to the Steelers. So for the last week Iā€™ve been pointing out bad calls in games that absolutely affected the game and perhaps changed which team would win.

Iā€™d like to see the Chargers make it and win just to see Phillip Rivers get a ring. IMO heā€™s the best of the 2004 QB bunch (Rivers, Rapistberger, and Manning) but lacks the superbowl titles they have.

Of the likely teams to have an actual shot my rooting order goes: 1) Chargers, 2) Rams, 3) Saints, 4) Bears, 5) Chiefs, 6) Seahakws. The Cowboys, Steelers, and Patriots are my three least favorite teams so Iā€™m really hoping it doesnā€™t come down to a Cowboy vs Patriot / Steeler matchup.

1 Like

I donā€™t think the Ciwboys, Patriots is Steelers are good enough to make the SB but Iā€™d never place a bet either.

Could you point out one call that went in the favor of the Steelers this year, that shouldnā€™t have? I canā€™t seem to find one.

And since Tom Brady gets his own rule, I doubt we will see any questionable calls go in the Steelers favor this afternoon.

Quite a few questionable calls went on the steelers favor todayā€¦

Yes, they did. And Congrats to the Steelers for the win.

Donā€™t know the last time the Patriots lost two in a row.

Bummer. Seattle loses to the lowly 49ers.

Anyway, glad the Vikings won.

I want the Eagles to win tonight, but it will likely be the Rams.

I came here fully expecting to see 2 pages of ranting about the ongoing league conspiracy against the Steelers. What gives?

Meanwhile, the cosmos conspires against my Cardinals by ensuring they continue to suck.

The last time that the Patriots lost two in a row in December was back in 2002.