The 2018 NFL Season Thread

I checked the schedules. KC also plays against the Seahawks and Raiders.

Chargers face the Ravens and Broncos.

Also the Thursday game is at home for KC. I think this gives KC the edge, but then I also thought the Rams would win tonight, so my predictions aren’t worth a lot.

I’ve seen much more of the chiefs than Chargers this season. KC has a great offence but not such a great defense. I’ve been most impressed with Mahomes and how cool he remains under pressure.

Anyway I am looking forward to Thursdays’ game. And tomorrow’s with the Seahawks and Vikings should be good.

The Bears were very impressive tonight.

I’m guessing it will. They are home next week against Philly and I expect a very different team. I thought the cold weather played a part in their defeat, but the Bears really looked good tonight.

There actually were two horrible calls today within two seconds of each other that you can argue cost a Pennsylvania team a game. But it was Philly not Pitt.

Dallas Goedert is running a route and brushes a defender as he runs by and somehow gets called for offensive pass interference. He catches the ball and then takes a vicious helmet to helmet hit that is not called. It nearly knocked his helmet off. Goedert stays upright though and runs 75 yards for a TD but it gets called back for the nonsense offensive pass interference.

So thats two calls just today that I’m aware of that cost teams games: the missed roughing the passer penalty on Miami that forced the Pats to take a field goal near the end of the game instead of a game clinching TD. And the Philly one I just mentioned.

So it doesn’t only happen to Pitt.

There should be a law against Seattle wearing those awful uniforms when they are predominantly lime green. Makes them look like martians or something.

If the KC Chiefs win this Thursday night, they will have the AFC West clinched. The Chargers will likely enter the playoffs as a wild card team playing against Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

I love Patrick Mahomes. Whatever “it” is, Showtime Mahomes-time has all of it. I mean, like, ■■■■■■■ all of it. I’ve been waiting since the days of Joe Montana for the Chiefs to have a franchise QB, and by god we’ve got one.

That defense, on the other hand. Bob Sutton needs to have a new job. I won’t wish the man jobless, I just want him to have any title that isn’t Kansas City Chiefs Defensive Coordinator.

Oh, Mahomes is awesome, both as a player and a person. He seems very mature for his years and grounded.

I follow him and some other players on Twitter and love how he keeps things positive.

I agree with you about the D, they score a lot of points but give up a lot too.

I wish that the AZ Cardinals would have gotten Mahomes instead.

Not the most exciting game I’ve ever watched, but Seattle got the job done.

Another missed call that you could argue cost the Vikings the game. Its deep in the 4th quarter and the Seahawks only lead 6-0. Vikings line up for a field goal and a Seattle player illegally uses both hands on another player to get lift off and block the kick. The announcers even pointed out the missed call. Had it been called the Vikings get a 1st down instead and maybe drive for a go ahead touchdown.

Its not guaranteed the Vikings score but the play utterly affected the momentum as the Seahawks then drove the field for a TD and on the subsequent Viking possession got a strip sack return for a TD.

I know I’m sort of beating a dead Steeler at this point but it further goes to show that missed calls happen every single game, many of which have huge implications.

1 Like

The refs were blinded by the color rush uniforms and thought they were in Pittsburgh. Honest mistake.

The Chiefs are up 14 to 0 over the Chargers.

Yep, bad calls happen. There is no conspiracy against the Steelers.

I’m really enjoying this game. Two very high quality teams makes it nice. I think this is the last Thursday game of the season.

What a bummer. Chargers deserve a lot of credit for their come back, but it’s not the outcome I was hoping for.

Chiefs are missing their star running back. That’s going to hurt them in the playoffs.

It’s going to be an LA Super Bowl. :blush:

Yeah, it dawned on me we could have an all Los Angeles SB, since the two teams play in different conferences.

A stinking liberal dream!!:blush:

The Bears are scaring the crap out me tthough. They have an amazing defense.