The 2018 NFL Season Thread

Neither do the Saints.

Welcome to another exciting Sunday of “How are the Steelers being mightily screwed by the league this week?” in the NFL!

We shall see. Still waiting for the first controversial call to go their way this year!

Last week was a shining example of stellar refereeing, right?

Just hope they don’t have the same ■■■■■■ crew as last game.

Ron Torbert’s crew will be officiating the Steeler’s game today.

Yrs 2017 crew College Occupation
R 62 Ron Torbert 9 Michigan State attorney
U 64 Dan Ferrell 16 (swing) Cal State-Fullerton director, parts logistics
DJ 53 Sarah Thomas 4 * Mobile pharmaceutical sales representative
LJ 84 Mark Steinkerchner 25 * Akron vice-president†
FJ 86 Jimmy Buchanan 10 Hussey South Carolina State insurance agent
SJ 3 Scott Edwards 20 * Alabama environmental engineer
BJ 67 Tony Josselyn 1 NA Eastern Kentucky probation officer
* Replay official: Earnie Frantz
* Replay assistant: Terry Sullivan

Desperation play works. :smile:

Miami WINS. :smile:

Refs already awarded Oakland 10 points and kickoff’s not for another half hour. OUTRAGED

2 Likes

My jaw is still on the floor. Had my hand on the mouse ready to end the feed of the Miami / New England game as it was hail mary time and that never works. Yet somehow it did. Three laterals and Kenyan Drank outrunning Gronk to the end zone.

As much as New England has dominated the division Miami OWNS them at home. Year after year Miami looks great at home against New England only to flounder the rest of the year.

You fail to answer the question. Why are the refs across two leagues apparently so biased against Pitt teams?

BTW, did you watch the Cowboy / Saints game last week. Saints are driving at the end of the game to take the lead. Refs miss a blatant helmet to helmet collision on Alvin Kamara which would have given the Saints a first down and put them in position to win the game. The Cowboys player got massively fined for it this week. Missed calls happen every game and to every team, often costing teams games.

Just today in the game I was watching the refs missed an obvious roughing the passer penalty on the Dolphins against New England. New England ended up having to settle for a field goal and later lost the game by one point. I’m not complaining, I’m a Miami fan, but it was obvious and missed and may have cost New England the game.

How come those breaks never go in favor of the Steelers? Every bad or missed call has gone against them. Not once this year have the Steelers been on the beneficial end of a bad or missed call. That’s what I don’t get. There were three blatant ones last game.

Refs already gave Oakland a TD.

Super Bowl XL. Nuff said.

It’s good to know that a false start is no longer a penalty if you’re playing the Steelers. Neith is block in the back.

Your still avoiding the question. You obviously feels the refs are biased against both the Steelers and Penguins. Why would the refs in two leagues be biased against Pitt teams?

Because of their star power and recent success. Hell Antonio Brown gets elbowed in the head against the Bengals and they don’t call a penalty- Burfict then gets fined $100k for it after the fact. Maybe it was Conner - I can’t keep track of all the ■■■■ that goes unpenalized against the Steelers.

Brady gets injured back in 2007 and the NFL implements the Brady riles. Crosby gets blind-sided and given a major concussion, not a peep from the league. I don’t understand how the stars of Pittsburgh teams seem to have open season on them.

Yeah,… and against the Brady Bunch. :partying_face:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Meanwhile, it was looking as though the Cowboys were trying hard to lose, but just scored a TD with about 9 minutes to go so they are now ahead by 7.

OMG Steelers only up by 4 against a crap team like Oakland?

CONSPIRACY!

Not pleased by this at all. Despite my constant ribbing of MS and his Steelguins, the Cowboys are forever my most hated team. The only good seasons are the ones they don’t make the playoffs. :wink:

There’s been some fun ones this week. The Dolphin run at the end of regulation was worthy of a college football highlight reel.