That's a Stupid Question

Literally our TV President:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p1Pdh5jA3U

The correct answer is “I look forward to being completely exonerated of this politically motivated investigation”.

That would really only come quickly to mind in someone with the mindset of an innocent victim however. Guilty or not, his brain is working in the manner of someone guilty as hell.

3 Likes

Yep…his staff aren’t doing a good job of prepping him for these questions…or he just doesn’t listen. I’m guessing more of the latter.

It is a stupid question, most WH Press questions are stupid! They were stupid during Bush’s Administration, they were stupid (& fawning) under Obama’s Administration and they are even more stupid under Trumps Administration.

Journalism keeps getting dumber by the day. I’m glad President Trump calls them out!

That and he’s just no Bill Clinton, perhaps the best liar to ever hold the office LOL.

Just what was so stupid. .i keep asking and you guys don’t have an answer. Or do you just repeat what Trump says?

“There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question” - Carl Sagan.

So it’s stupid because Trump is obviously trying to obstruct justice and reporters should not try to get him on the record about it.

It would seem that Trump finally realizes he is about to get a taste of something he has never really had to experience - accountability. And it scares the hell out of him.

1 Like

I believe this was after the sociopath whined about respect in the White House.

What a miserable jerk.

The respect need only go one way in his world. Toward him.

Reminds me of when you hear parents ask kids “do you want a spanking?” It’s a statement hidden in a stupid question. Like the kid is gonna answer “Oh yes please, and make it a good spanking”

It was a question designed to bait Donald into a petulant response.

And bless his tiny fingered soul, the idiot simply couldn’t help himself.

It has to be jarring when before 2016 he was surrounded solely by bootlickers and lackeys constantly reaffirming how most bigly amazing he is.

1 Like

It wasn’t a stupid question. It was an obvious question. The fact that Trump wasn’t able to answer is further evidence of what a mental midget he really is. But rather than admit that their idol has feet of clay, Trump apologists rally, once again, to defend Cheeto Benito and blame the reporter.

It’s reminiscent of Sarah Palin when Katie Couric asked what news sources inform her opinions. If Palin was more savvy, she would have taken the wide open opportunity to slam dunk on Katie Couric in a way that would have made Daryl Dawkins look timid.

She could have said: "Katie, I know you mean no disrespect by the question, but it hints at a larger issue that I read about often. The big city newspapers like to describe folks like me and my neighbors as simpletons. I’ve seen this for years.

Sure we like to fish and hunt and play in the dirt; and I’ll admit that many of us work with our hands as well as our brains. But hunting and fishing is a vital part of land management. It puts food on many a proud table when the alternative is public assistance. Self-reliance and honest hard work are noble.

But getting to the heart of your question, there is something that might come as a shock to people that have never visited a truck stop, or people that think Manhattan or Washington DC is the center of the intellectual world: The “conservative base” might live in flyover country or the remote state of Alaska, we might work with our hands, we might live a hundred miles from our nearest neighbor, but that doesn’t mean that we are ill-informed or stupid. We have bookstores and libraries, Katie. We have access to all of the same books that you might read, and we have the internet, and in this age of technological wonder, we have instant access to every news source that you might see at a quaint little 5th avenue newsstand and MUCH MORE.

So Katie, I resent a question that implies that I and my neighbors are ill-informed. We read the very same newspapers and magazines and books that big city liberal do, we just come to different conclusions."

But instead of admitting that Palin was ill prepared for a line of questioning that she should have seen coming, conservatives cling to the belief that reporters are meanies.

No, it’s stupid because it’s stupid. No substance.

Of course there is.

Exactly.

Of course it wasn’t stupid. Dumpster Donnie is just a thin skinned idiot.

Man, you bring the smell of cheap perfume and skunky beer, where the hell you been?

3 Likes

Of course it was stupid. I would expect better from a high school paper.