THAT’S NOT HOW IT WORKS: Warren Promises to ‘Make 1.2 MILLION JOBS’ to Fight Climate Change

Originally published at: THAT’S NOT HOW IT WORKS: Warren Promises to ‘Make 1.2 MILLION JOBS’ to Fight Climate Change | Sean Hannity

Senator Elizabeth Warren unveiled her new “plan” to fight climate change Thursday; asserting she can simply “make 1.2 million jobs” to push back against global warming and reduce America’s carbon emissions.

The 2020 hopeful was speaking at an MSNBC Town Hall event when she was asked to expand on her latest proposal to protect the environment.

"I'm looking to make about 1.2M new jobs": Sen. Warren says she is looking to bring jobs to America by focusing on fighting climate change #WarrenTownHall pic.twitter.com/Fnj6S47U3A

— MSNBC (@MSNBC) June 6, 2019

“The thing is, you can’t just wave your arms. You’ve got to have a plan, and I do have a plan on this. Here’s how it starts: I’m going to make 1.2 million new jobs, new jobs that are good jobs, that are jobs in manufacturing, good union jobs,” said Warren.

“Here’s the idea behind it. Right now, we have a climate crisis, it threatens us all… That needs a lot of research, lot of innovation, and a lot manufacturing to push back against that,” she added.

Warren was caught off guard earlier this week when she was grilled over Native American ancestry claims during a radio interview with hip-hop morning show ‘The Breakfast Club.’

Watch @cthagod grill @ewarren on her heritage. "When did you find out that you weren't [Native American]?" "Were there any benefits to that?" "You sound like the original Rachel Dolezal a little bit" @breakfastclubam pic.twitter.com/GFzH8JqSqN

— Sarah Dolan (@sarahedolan) May 31, 2019

“I grew up in Oklahoma. I learned about my family the same way that most people learned about their families; from mothers and fathers and aunts and uncles. But I’m not a Person of Color. I’m not a citizen of a tribe. I shouldn’t have done it,” said Warren.

“How long did you hold on to that. There are some reports that said you were a Native American on your Texas Bar license, that you were Native American on your documents when you were a professor at Harvard. Why’d you do that?” asked Charlamagne.

“It’s what I believed. It’s what I learned from my family,” deflected Warren.

“You’re kind of like the original Rachel Dolezal,” he fired-back, referring to the Caucasian woman who self-identified as an African American.