THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE? Disabled Veteran in Arizona May Lose His House Over $236 Tax Debt

Originally published at: https://hannity.com/media-room/thanks-for-your-service-disabled-veteran-in-arizona-may-lose-his-house-over-236-tax-debt/

A disabled veteran in Arizona could lose his home over approximately $230 he owes in back taxes; sparking an outpouring of support for the former service member across the United States.

“Disabled military veteran Jim Boerner bought his buttercup-yellow mobile home in Mesa two years ago, hoping to live affordably into his old age,” reports AZ Central. “Boerner, 49, is unable to work because of spinal and brain injuries he suffered during a training exercise in 1991 at Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi.”

“A stranger knocked on his door last month claiming to have bought his home at auction because of $236 in late taxes,” adds the website.

“I said, ‘What are you talking about? … This has got to be wrong,’ ” Boerner said. “Had I known I was in peril of losing my home, I would have paid it in full.”

“It’s difficult. It’s just difficult,” Boerner added. “I love my home. I love my neighbors. … This was my nest egg, you know? That’s why I paid cash for it. This is where I was going to retire. And now I don’t have that assurance anymore.”

The county office in charge of taxes say there may be nothing they can do to get around the sale.

“I’ve been getting the brick wall everywhere I turn,” Boerner said.

Read the full report here.