Texas Unemployment

If you’ve ever been to Disney World, you’ll see efficiency in dealing with crowds. Any problem needs to be examined, thought through and a plan in dealing with it developed. I understand the additional demand…what I’m not aware of…are the opportunities available to solve their problem? i do believe they are there but in most cases, government doesn’t manage new problems very well and those involved aren’t necessarily incentivized to solve them.

I dont compliment illinois on much but they made vast improvements to their DMV. . Seperate lines for different things like licensing, plates, etc. Sped it up a lot. Now when you get your emissions test you can purchase your vehicle sticker right there in about 2 minutes instead of even having to go to the dmv

…and there ya go. It can be done…even by government. :tumbler_glass: :sunglasses:

Really am sorry to hear what’s going on, Bill.

Could you be eligible for Federal Unemployment for those furloughed or let go due to COVID 19?

Might your employer be included in Governor Abbott’s plan to gradually reopen the state?

I do like the idea of Governor doesn’t get a paycheck if phones aren’t answered.

What federal unemployment?

This relief?

Don’t know that “Federal Unemployment” is what it’s called, but here it is in a thread

The $600 is an augment to state unemployment. It gets rolled in.

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

I do hope the Original Poster gets the Unemployment or his employer is soon able to reopen.

1 Like

I am eligible for the $600 weekly federal unemployment. The problem is that the Feds let the State Unemployment Offices dispense it so I’m back to the same problem of not being able to communicate with the state. The $600 a week is part of what I should have been getting since about Apr. 1.

I teach drivers-ed at a driving school. That should be one of the last things to reopen. When I teach behind-the-wheel driving, I’m locked up for 2 hours with two or three kids in the car. If anyone is sick, that closed car acts like a virus incubator. We’re all about 1 or 2 feet apart. If a bureaucrat sees driving schools closed, he’ll probably think that’s innocent enough to reopen. He probably will envision a classroom with 10 students sitting 6 or 7 feet apart. I hope not.

How could this be done with mitigation.

1 student in car with masks and open windows.

That could work.

There has to be at least 2 students in the car plus an instructor. One student driving and one student observing. In Texas a student must drive for 7 hours and observe for 7 hours.

Or everyone in the car wear some sort of face covering that doesn’t obscure vision but covers nose and mouth.

If that rule was waived temporarily?

That is not done here.

We need to be creative and adapt.

Masks won’t stop the virus. They will mask big wads of phlegm when one coughs, but they wont filter out virus when one breathes. There is no way to make in car teaching safe, if a participant is infected.

If there was only one student in the car, it would help. It would require a change in state law.

Open windows as long as it isn’t raining.

Super positive pressure by nature.

It would be a reasonable request.

Ummm., open windows = atmospheric pressure.

Open windows make it difficult to hear each other talk. I talk a lot while I’m teaching and I hope they are listening :slight_smile:
A windy day makes it especially hard to hear with open windows. We have a lot of wind down here.

I’m not certain comparing an activity I voluntarily choose to do and pay for is comparable to a govt required activity. Perhaps there are things to learn.