TEXAS RAMPAGE: Authorities Release the Identity of the 17-Year-Old Gunman

You obviously didn’t not watch the Washington March For Our Lives as all victims of violence were a part of it - including inner city kids from Chicago, DC, Miami, Baltimore, etc, etc. it was not just about school mass shootings.

You had to wait till you were 12? :wink:

Good point. The laws are not the problem. The hearts and attitudes of the citizens of this country are at the root of the problem. However, that is much more difficult to fix. A change of heart cannot be legislated into existence.

The liberals always focus on the guns instead of the kids yet they refuse to acknowledge that fifty years ago virtually every boy in America got a BB gun when he was about 8 or 9, a .22 rifle at 12 or 13 and could buy guns through the mail from ads in magazines when he was 16. And they often brought their guns to school … sometimes into the school … and none of them shot up their classmates. America has definitely changed, but it is NOT the availability of guns or the type of guns available that has caused it.

1 Like

Tell us about all the mass deaths at US schools that happen without guns.

Yes, but liberals fixate on objects as the problem rather than society because it’s easier for them to arrive at a “solution” to the problem and they don’t have to admit that many of the social ills are of their doing.

1 Like

The deadliest mass killing of school kids in US history was done with dynamite. And a couple of bike locks and three gallons of gasoline could kill scores of kids and staff without ever having to enter the school.

So I guess your response is “thoughts and prayers”.

Just off the top of your head, how many public schools do you think there are in the US?

Explain, please. How would you like to see this done, and how will you square that with the Constitution?

I rarely if ever comment in school shooting threads, and rarely comment in gun threads. I can see that gun laws will not change this problem. I know it is something in the culture. But every damn time there is a school shooting, IMMEDIATELY the pro-gun crowd starts sniveling and screeching about guns don’t kill people and libs wanna take our guns and if you don’t see that that is part of the problem, then I can’t help you.

It happens in every thread here, it happens in society. If you don’t think that these young men aren’t also seeing that and learning that attitude, then nothing will change.

1 Like

And how is this any different from liberals and liberal politicians running to the nearest news camera or the DNC fundraising off the tradegy before the bodies cool?

I’m not for that either. I want a different reaction from both sides. I’m not trying to be combative. My post was in response to Samm posting about it being LIBS fault.

To be totally fair, there is no solution to this problem.

I knew that point would be pounced upon.

The constitution is not a problem nor is it in danger of being infringed upon with this. Note:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Free exercise of religion in public.

So, since you are only concerned about God in the public square, does that mean you agree with the other six points?

No…my thoughts and prayers are out there. I don’t need to write it here to make sure you all know I’m a good guy praying for these students and their families. My point is that these kids need to keep the focus on all kids dying in the schools on the streets and in the homes of America.

My thoughts and prayers automatically go out when these things happen. My wife is a public school teacher. I clinch up each and every time this happens, and thank God she is safe, and pray for those victims and their families. So save your sarcasm ok?

LucyLou. The fault falls on our politicians who can’t seem to act at all. Who can’t seem to compromise with each other. And the fault lies with each of us…because whether we like it or not we all gotvopinions but no one has a solution.

1 Like

What solution would you suggest?

What’s your solution? I have a daughter and niece in the public teacher profession myself.

I read an article last week that some state governments haven’t even acted to protect their own schools. That’s unconscionable.