Texas Property Taxes

Congratulations on starting construction.

Don’t you think jokes are supposed to be funny?

Because you are.

That doesn’t mean you are renting it.

Only if you assume a libertarian theory of property. Establishing one as true is a task that has its work cut out for anyone willing to try.

That’s great my friend and you’ve got some excellent turkey hunting going on around you right now and maybe…right outside your door?

What has changed that’s requiring the increase in these specific taxes?

Agreed. High property taxes in Texas are offset by no state income taxes. Sneaky’s complaints aren’t warranted imo.

Well, as Texas likes to tell any and everybody, there’s no state income taxes there. Gotta make up for the shortfall somewhere. Robbing Peter to pay Paul and all that.

Is there any way around this? If I live in an RV, do I have to pay personal property taxes on the RV itself? Or it is just on real property?

It all matters if one is younger and working it is offset, if you are retired on a fixed income your hurting especially in some of the areas around Dallas and Austin we’re paying $12,000+ a year on a $300,000 house isn’t abnormal.

There are quiet a few states with no income tax that doesn’t have anywhere near Texas level property taxes.

Lemme ask my Texan residents again…what’s changed to create this new need for additional tax?

The libertarian theory of property?

Government want

Property taxes are one thing. Income taxes are a different thing.

There is no “shortfall”.

Really?

Yes, really. Just like state and centgov taxes are two different things.

Two different things? Ok.

Yes, two different things.