Texas Justice System Does the Right Thing

“When the shots were fired”.

You folks need to learn to read and comprehend the words on the page.

He will ignore all the facts …

What flavor of gravy would you like to choke down that crow?

Give it up… You are wrong

Fortunately for you feathers can be used as a field expedient toothpick.

Not only does it show the car was exiting, the article states Chief Haber fired that officer for violating MULTIPLE department policies.

The young man killed was an honor student and not a trouble making thug.

How do you think that’s going to work?

He wasn’t convicted by a jury of his peers.

Not only does it show the car was exiting,

Which I pointed out mulitiple times before you even entered the thread and then I provided the quotes to you as well.

the article states Chief Haber fired that officer for violating MULTIPLE department policies.

Which again has zero to do with what’s being discussed here. Violations of policy are not criminal offenses.

The young man killed was an honor student and not a trouble making thug.

You keep repeating this as though someone has argued to the contrary. Can you cite a post in which someone is or has?

Keep reading.

The law enforcement professional’s perceptions of what happened around him is a lot more relevant to the facts than some random reader’s opinion

1 Like

What you know about the justifiable use of force statutes in Texas wouldn’t fill a flies drinking cup.

I’m not the one pretending to know more about the case than the department who investigated it and the officer who was on scene though am I?

3 Likes

I did. How do you think this is going to happen?

I’ve made no such claim, you on the other hand keep pretending.

Where did I say it would?

Too bad the driver will never be held responsible in any way for the death.

Those aren’t my words.

Correct, they are mine. It appears you missed them in the original post.

I meant this

I doubt the murder conviction will hold up on appeal

They made a really poor case for it and the judge mishandled some objections and testimony giving them grounds for appeal. If I remember right there was also a pretty big issue over the jury instructions.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m dead sure he’s guilty on multiple counts I just don’t think the case was made on the top charge or that the judge handled it right.

This is a case where a split second and some bad luck turned what would have been a perfectly lawful use of deadly force to stop the car into a horrible tragedy where the the person responsible will never be held accountable, and where a perfectly innocent young boy unnecessarily lost his life.