Texas Does It Again

Yet they don’t…

Oh no! That’s worse than Jim Crow!

1 Like

um, no

this has nothing to do with me

I have you know I’m a white male land owner.
clearly my vote is worth 5x more.

You just said it. You need to make it harder because the Geeat Unwashed might vote otherwise. Unlike you, who is very serious about voting. Unless you’re saying you think you shouldn’t vote.

1 Like

Half the people who will be supporting this in this thread have unironically supported limiting the vote to property owners.

2 Likes

So if you know there is no Constitutional requirement for the seriousness of one’s vote… then why is it an issue?

And no… fraud isn’t really a thing. There has been zero evidence that one can commit voter fraud and swing an election nor is there evidence that it is even tried.

“great unwashed”?

no just the serious. those with more of a hard-earned stake in the output.

again this isnt about me

Sure it is. You a hundred percent include yourself in the “more of a hard earned stake” category.

It’s because you think you should get more rights as a citizen because you’re a special snowflake. That’s what this all comes down to. There should be citizens and then special citizens with more rights and what a coincidence, it’s a group you belong to.

4 Likes

it’s not an issue. just my opinion

i’m not explaining why i dont think people “unserious” about issues, politics etc should be voting

i have other opinions about voting but you prob couldn’t handle it

Try me.

not about me. strike three

your attempt to corner me with your own bullcrap narrative has failed.

2 Likes

It’s not a narrative. You openly admit that you don’t think American citizens should have equal access to the universal franchise even though the right to vote is what makes you a citizen.

on welfare? can’t vote

don’t own property? can’t vote

guilty of certain crimes? lost right to vote forever

i dont believe everyone should be able to vote.

i’ll leave it at that

I can handle that.

I think that it is stupid… but it doesn’t surprise me.

The not owning property one… that is certainly a hot take… is there a certain value that one has to attain in that property to enjoy that Constitutional right? Like… if I own $1 worth of property am I eligible?

Does Social Security count?

Dude you act like you never outright said it before lol. You have. Feel free to just say it, we all know.

That’s why the group you think should be able to vote, you’re a part of it. Because you’re special and deserve more rights than lowly plebes.

3 Likes

I think this is the bill from the Senate as sent to the Governor. Tell me again the parts that prevent people from voting/

87(2) SB 1 - Enrolled version (texas.gov)

i have various thoughts on the criteria

but you think it is “stupid”

so good day