Texas border wall

Article from last year. But IMHO this fight will pivot to Abbott now. What has not been publicized much is the fact that in some places the soil is stable to support a wall many yards or even miles from the actual border. And some of those Landowners would have to give up hundreds or thousands of acres to the government for a payment of pennies on the dollar. And a whole bunch of them are going to fight to keep their land.

With some live ammo if need be.

This is the first I have heard about a fence lying on the ground in Texas. Do you have some additional detail?

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – As the Biden administration announced their plans to terminate all border-wall contracts within the Laredo and Rio Grande Valley sectors earlier this month, video surfaced showing more than $50 million in border wall panels, lying on the ground in La Joya Texas, rusting away.

Do try and keep up.

Most of us know why, it’s because today’s Democrat Party wants an open border. After a year of record breaking numbers of migrants coming across the border (with no slow down in sight) there’s not a single thing the Biden Administration has done to curtail this flow. I stand corrected their studying the root causes of migration. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Are you also unaware that it’s cost we the people a massive amount of money to not build the wall, while 100 million dollars worth of material is going to waste?

“According to the report, titled “President Biden is Wasting Billions by Not Building the Border Wall”, subcommittee Ranking Member James Lankford finds that between $1.837 billion and $2.087 billion of taxpayer dollars have been wasted since Biden’s inauguration, and that this fiscal drain increases by at least $3 million per day”. Biden Spending $3 Million Per Day to Not Build Border Wall

The Biden border fiasco has proven that clueless Joe not only has no respect for our laws and our borders…but for the taxpayers money as well.

:rofl: How wide you think that “wall” is?

1 Like

They lose the land between the fence and the border. And if the offset is acres they might lose a lot of land.

The border is in the middle of the river.

Correct, which is why they have to find a stretch of fairly flat land with the proper soil composition. They pay the land owner $100 to spend up to a year doing their survey. And if the location of the wall will be a distance from the border the landowner looses that land.

We’ll see.

1. We can’t afford it.
  2. I prefer we use money for our citizens. Texas can pay for its own wall if they want it.
  3. Cut something from budget if you want the wall.

Dude…not building it is more expensive than building it. In fact, the border wall pays for itself multiple times every year. The truth is, we can’t afford NOT to build it.

That said, what we’re discussing are Texas taxpayers paying for this but Brandon giving them the walls that have already been constructed but are laying their uninstalled.

2 Likes

Can we afford to provide free healthcare, free education, free housing, free meals, etc., to everyone in world who comes into our country?

2 Likes

On Fox this morning Bill Melugin who’s reporting has been great on the border said several land owners are volunteering property for the Texas wall.

I can’t find a link but I promise he said it.

Better to give a little to stop the steady stream of illegals the Biden administration has invited into the country, not to mention the drugs abd the human traffickers.

Those ranchers have been finding naked half dead babies on their property, seen their fences cut and their cattle out on the highway as a result.

Better to forfeit a few acres on the river than allow Biden’s failed policies to continue to impact their lives I guess.

The southern border in a presidency filled with mismanagement and crisis of the clueless wonder’s creation…the best and worst example of how to totally screw up a perfectly wonderful country.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I can agree with that. Can we then provide free healthcare, education to current citizens? Those who were born here. Let’s at least provide that to our USA born citizens.

I just don’t get what is so attractive about a southern wall. Something that will take one hundred years to build. They built walls along the southern border in California and what happened? The Mexican’s built tunnels and smuggled in drugs and people. And a wall is no good if you don’t have folks patrolling them. And if they are not patrolled they will be scaled. Any wall can be. And what about the 40% of illegals who don’t come over the border? Why aren’t we spending the money to catch those folks who overstay their visa’s?
And why aren’t we making E-Verify mandatory? We have seen Arizona take away benefits and jobs from illegals and they left. Why isn’t that being done nationwide?
A wall will not solve the problem. It will be just a really expensive bandaid.
Until Trump, nobody was talking about a wall. Because they knew it was a foolish proposition. Now Trump has convinced a whole bunch of folks that it is the cure all.

1 Like

That’s doing it this new current way under the Texas Governor, that’s not the “operation warpspeed way”. The sooner it’s built, the sooner we’ll get illegal immigration under control and we’ll immediately stop wasting billions in tax payer money.