Terrorism in Sri Lanka

Tamil is an ethnic group. About half of the Tamil population is Hindu, and the other half is Muslim, with a couple hundred thousand Christians as well.

More than half of the Christian population in Sri Lanka are Sinhalese.

2 of the churches attacked (the Catholic ones) were in Sinhalese-majority areas, and one was in a Tamil area.

I did not claim that it was.

I do not know who was behind the bombings. It could very well have been Muslim extremists.

I don’t necessarily trust the Sri Lankan government to be telling the truth, and the story so far doesn’t completely add up.

Sorry, I did not mean to suggest that you did. I was simply building on your post. There are some here who seem to think that because the Buddhist historically have been the perpetrators of most of the violence, that Muslims didn’t have anything to do with this.

Read the first 90 posts in the New Zealand attack thread.

I appreciate the clarification. I’m not aware of anyone making that argument in this thread, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

This is my problem with the official story, though.

The vast majority of the Muslim population of Sri Lanka is Tamil - and anyone over the age of 15 remembers the war.

Don’t you think they would have targeted Buddhist temples, rather than churches?

Yes. But as I said, ISIS is not Tamil.

With regard to your first sentence. There have been several posters here that have made remarks that suggest that they believe that the violent history of Sri Lanka discredits the possibility of Muslim involvement. That conclusion is simply not supported by the last few decades of global history.

But why would ISIS target Sri Lanka?

Do you think that makes sense - the idea that ISIS sent fighters down from Syria (where they’re in the process of losing a war) to Sri Lanka to blow up some churches and hotels?

The wikipedia page for the group that supposedly did the attack was created sunday night.

Almost all of the information on the page is sourced to releases by the Sri Lankan government.

Why is a worthless question.
The fact is MSM and liberals are not calling out islamic supremacism.

Why is the most important question after who.

Aside from the five Ws (and one H) everything else is just feelings.

They did not target Sri Lanka, they targeted Christianity. Those churches (and hotels full of infidel visitors) were easy targets and, furthermore, they know the history of violence there would cause more chaos. ISIS is not limited to Syria. In fact, they have very few operatives left there. Their goal is to terrorize the West and Christianity globally. Sri Lanka is as good a place as any. When they say it was in retaliation for NZ, why should we not believe them?

Okay going with Who…It’s christian churches that are heavily targeted. Why?

If they were just targeting Christianity, why didn’t they bomb the Vatican?

Easy targets?

It’s an island off the coast of India, 3000 miles from the last “S”.

There are plenty of easier targets, if they were just trying to kill Christians.

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria isn’t in Syria?

They’re not in Iraq either! Where are they?

Sri Lanka isn’t part of “the West” - and there are only about a million and a half Christians in the whole country.

Because it doesn’t make sense.

Why should we believe them?

Because Easter worshiper conveys the additional information that the attack happened during an Easter service, Christianity’s most important holiday.

More hiding of Christianity

Trying to hide Islam now?

Will anyone admit error?

and…

And…

And…

And…

And…

And…
https://mobile.twitter.com/USATODAY/status/876756046014021632

And…
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=19657

And…

1 Like

The rest of us know that’s not true. Had Obama sent the tweet Trump said you all would have attacked him for trying to hide the fact that Christianity was targeted. You deluded yourself if you think otherwise.

How the hell would I know why they chose one target over another? Why would you even ask that? Everyone who is not Sunni Muslim is a target, but especially Christians.

Of course it makes sense. That is why they are taking credit for it whether they did it or not … because it is believable.