Terrorism in Sri Lanka

Someone should tell the Calvary church in my town that their “Easter Worship Services” posters were lib Propaganda.

Seriously, what a stupid nitpicking thing to harp on. ■■■■ off Laura Ingram.

2 Likes

If we were talking about history. With very rare exception, the world’s only REMAINING religion of conquest is Islam. So yes, we knew who the perps were the minute it happened. Even you did.

I’m not talking about ancient history.

There were major anti-Muslim riots, perpetrated by Buddhists, just last year. Buddhists have also attacked and burned Christian churches as recently as 2 years ago.

As I said with rare exception. Burning churches is bad. Mass murder is worse.

As has been pointed out, when are Muslims ever referred to as “Ramadan Worshipers” or even “Mohamadens”?

They’re not.

Words are very powerful. When you say “Christians” were targeted it has a whole other higher level of impact than to say “Easter worshipers” which has to be mentally tranlated.

The use of "Easter worshipers " was a deliberate attempt to lessen the impact of what the bombers did. It wasn’t an attack on a religion. It was an attack on “some people doing something,” as Ilhan Omar might say.

M

You don’t seem to be understanding what I’m saying.

In Sri Lanka, your “rare exception” is the rule.

It wasnt an attack on “a religion”. It was an attack on 3 churches and 3 hotels.

Stop trying to make yourself a victim by proxy.

Took about 10 seconds to google.

Dude. Just stop. Stop concern trolling your own religion.

So much for the short history lesson.

Sorry, but I’m not at all religious.

My point stands. People deliberately avoided mentioning Christians when it was easily the most salient fact about them. They were CHRISTIANS engaged in Easter worship and they were attacked BECAUSE they were Christians - not because they were engaged in Easter worship.

M

1 Like

The President didn’t acknowledge that they were Christian.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1119923840161857536?s=20

But somehow Obama and Clinton are getting all of this weird commentary because they assumed that people wouldn’t be so incredibly stupid as to think that Easter didn’t mean Christian.

Get a grip guys.

If the churches were bombed because they were only targeting Christians - why were the hotels bombed?

Fail.

We aren’t talking about stories that use BOTH terms. We are talking about the instances where ONLY one term is used, like in the tweets of Barak Obama and Hillary Clinton and Julian Castro - (seems like they all got the same memo) - and someone chooses the less specific term.

Call then “EasterWorshipers” if you ALSO call them “Christians” in the same place and same breath. I’m fine with that, but that didn’t happen in many instances and that is where it goes off the rails.

M

I don’t know. We still have to wait ti see the connection. Maybe there were conventions of Christians in the hotels, or maybe the bombers wanted to target nore than one paticular group.

I’m only commenting that given the CHOICE to call the victims either “Christians” or “Easter worshipers” many chose the latter and I think it is a deliberate choice.

M

The President didn’t try to identify them. If he had just called the “Easter worshipers” he’d be getting the same grief.

M

“Easter worshippers” is arguably more accurate.

It describes the victims by what they were doing at the time they were killed, rather than their religious identity.

How is not trying to identify them better in this fake outrage?

Dude. The claim was made that no one uses “Ramadan Worshipers” and I gave two links to news reports.

Really. This is getting silly.

It’s like you guys really miss Obama inviting Common to perform at the White House.

There is absolutely nothing to be outraged about.

No he wouldn’t.

Just like he isn’t getting any grief for the major complaint which is trying to downplay that they were attacked because they are Christians.

He doesn’t even bring any religion into it.

Don’t make your self dizzy spinning so hard.

Furthermore, the Tamil rebels were comprised of Muslims, Hindus, Christians and seculars united against the Buddhist majority. However, that is not evidence that Muslim extremists are not behind the bombings. ISIS has no particular ties to the Tamil.