Terrorism in Sri Lanka

I really don’t see what the issue is with “Easter Worshipers” because the victims were at churches on Easter. It’s more specific than calling them “Christians” because it also gives you an idea of their activities at the time of explosion.

Does anyone else worship at church on Easter besides Christians? No. Easter is the Christian holiday.

2 Likes

muslims celebrate ramadan. We still say muslims not ramadan worshippers

Make no mistakes, Christians were the target knowing Easter Sunday would have largest gathering except for Christmas.

Exactly, Christian churches are the target not mosques

Lib media NYT refers to the victims as “Christians gathered for Easter Mass.”

Lib media WAPO said the vast majority of the victims were “Sri Lankan, many of them Christians who were worshipping at churches.”

Lib media CNN reported that the first wave of attacks struck “in the heart of the nation’s minority Christian community.”

Bear in mind also that 3 hotels and a housing complex were also targeted (i.e. non-religious sites).

In short, no one is shying away from the word “Christian.” Dial back the persecution complex a touch.

Maybe it was a since we’re in town mass effect kind of thing.

I don’t worry about ‘persecution process’, or about they have to use the word Christian, however, it is more than a persecution complex. It is Islamic people killing Christians It is organized Islamic terrorism, not only where they attempted to exterminate Christians in Iraq (Ninevah) for example, the bombing of Christian churches in Egypt and killing of Christians, the bombing and ongoing killing of Christians by Islamic terrorists in Nigeria, of the mass killing of Christians worshipping at Church in a country where the Christian population is small, 7 to 8% in Sri Lanka, about 300 people, mass murder by Islamic terrorists, in the US (San Berndino & Orlando, though not specifically of Churches). I am tired of Christians getting killed by Islamic terrorists. Many Islamists are Christophobic apparently, no one ever uses that phrase. Democratic presidential candidates were all lambasting Islamophobia when that wacko killed those in New Zealand. How many acknowledge the mass killing of Christians in Christian Churches by Islamic terrorists and lambaste Christophobia?

Is this the thing where some people did some things to the Easter worshipers?

So your objection is not that the media isn’t using the word “Christian,” but that they aren’t reporting this event as part of a global, coordinated, and systemic terror campaign against Christians by radical Islamists?

The New Zealand mass murder thread has almost 1200k posts. There is a 2nd thread after the fact about gun laws in New Zealand. That thread is over 1k posts as well.
Six times the death casualties not to mention the number of injured in the Sri Lanka attacks targeting Christians and the thread will probably not reach 200 posts. When you go back and review the reaction on this forum to the New Zealand attack it’s astonishing to see the difference. The same glaring difference in the MSM and the public’s response is exactly replicated here. Posters that were quick to the New Zealand thread to echo chamber the same talking points about white supremacy and blaming President Trump, are absent in any discussion about the Sri Lanka attacks. What’s missing? The victims were not muslims, the murders didn’t happen in a mosque, the attackers did not use spooky guns, and the attackers were not evil white males. The Sri Lanka event does not fit the PC narrative the alt left loves to dog pile on. What else could it be? The New Zealand casualties pale in comparison to the Sri Lanka Lanka attacks on christians. The left has little use for a tragedy when it doesn’t fit their talking points narrative.
It is obvious here, on social media, and in MSM.

1 Like

Does the right have a use for this tragedy?

What’s a chud?

Could be.

Here you go:

Well that wasn’t very nice.

I haven’t been following this story too closely. Has the POTUS used the phrase, “radical Islamic terrorist” yet? From what I gathered from the old forum, those words have some magical power (do they bring back the dead?) and any president who doesn’t invoke that phrase within 24 hours of an attack must be a puppet of George Soros or something.

2 Likes

Wow… I didn’t know about that one.

I was going with sewer dwellers from the 80’s horror movie of the same name.

You have it about right.

M

I thought it meant carnivorous humanoid underground dwellers. Knock it off, Bridget.

1 Like

So your objection is not that the media isn’t using the word “Christian,” but that they aren’t reporting this event as part of a global, coordinated, and systemic terror campaign against Christians by radical Islamists?

I think that is a good summary of my thought.