TENSE IN TEHRAN: Iran Threatens US with ‘ALL OUT WAR,’ Vows to Fight to the ‘Last American Soldier’

Originally published at: TENSE IN TEHRAN: Iran Threatens US with ‘ALL OUT WAR,’ Vows to Fight to the ‘Last American Soldier’ | Sean Hannity

Iranian officials threatened the United States with “all out war” this week after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo accused Tehran of launching a series of drone strikes that incapacitated 50% of Saudi Arabia’s oil industry.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif was speaking with CNN when he warned the Trump administration that any military strike would result in a prolonged conflict with the Islamic Republic.

“We won’t blink to defend our territory,” Zarif said, adding his military will fight “to the last American soldier”

“I make a very serious statement about defending our country. I am making a very serious statement that we don’t want to engage in a military confrontation,” he added.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed Wednesday that the recent drone attack on Saudi Arabia’s oil-industry likely originated in Iran, not Yemen as previously believed by intelligence officials.

“U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday doubled down on accusations Iran is responsible for the weekend bombing on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities, telling reporters that the strike was ‘an act of war,’” reports Fox News.

“I have just instructed the Secretary of the Treasury to substantially increase Sanctions on the country of Iran!” posted the President on social media.

I have just instructed the Secretary of the Treasury to substantially increase Sanctions on the country of Iran!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 18, 2019

Iran has repeatedly denied any involvement in the attacks.

Read the full report here.