TED CRUZ CHALLENGER: ‘Nothing More American’ than KNEELING During Anthem

Originally published at: TED CRUZ CHALLENGER: ‘Nothing More American’ than KNEELING During Anthem | Sean Hannity

Ted Cruz’ Democratic challenger for his US Senate seat found himself in hot water this week; telling a room full of supporters there’s “nothing more American” than kneeling during the performance of the national anthem.

Liberal hopeful Beto O’Rourke was speaking at a local event when he was asked to comment on whether he believed NFL players “taking a knee” during the anthem was disrespectful to America’s military.

“I can think of nothing more American than to peacefully stand up, or take a knee for your rights anytime, anywhere, any place,” said O’Rourke.

“Comments like his are a slap in the face to every man and woman who has ever served our nation and put their lives on the line to defend American values,” Republican Party of Texas Chairman James Dickey said Thursday.

Watch O’Rourke’s stunning comments above.

His full comments were spot on and shows a real understanding of what America is all about. Those who simply use the troops and the flag as symbols to prop themselves up probably wouldn’t understand.

1 Like

Truly one of the most powerful and moving answers.

In hot water with who??..lol…Gotta love these admin headlines…lol.

1 Like

Ya but isn’t this election in Texas and not Oregon?

Indeed it is. The people of Texas will have to decide if they appreciate truthful, nuanced answers more than they do jingoism.

1 Like

Agreed and well said. And this is coming from someone who spent 20+ years serving in the Army.

1 Like

I live in liberal Seattle which most people probably agree with him, but Texas-patriotism it might as well be a different country in comparison.

Regardless if you agree with him it probably wasn’t the thing to say to win an election we’re the whole state is voting in Texas. But who knows I think a lot of people could be growing tired of the son of the unibomber.

I heard a contributor on MSDNC state the reality of the modern GOP: to them, patriotism is all about symbols and other shallow forms of displaying their fealty.

Of course, the modern GOP is Trump’s party, so that makes complete sense.

1 Like

Beto is awesome.

1 Like

Modern GOP patriotism:

Holy hell that’s a great video.

My local AM talker has been playing it all day thinking they’d use it as to gin up some rage…exact opposite every time it aired. Can’t believe staff here posted it.

Beto is simply likable.

Meanwhile, flying over San Marcos today:

LOL, that is pretty effective!

Yeah, seems to be an odd video to post. Sure, some in the diehard base will find fault, but I can’t imagine many others will. Beto hit a grand slam with this one.

You can’t avoid seeing Beto around and about Texas. He’s getting everywhere. Multiple times.

I’ve never even seen Ted Cruz in person and I see everyone who’s anyone in Texas in person. If I see Matthew Mcconaughey one more time I’m calling the cops.

With what? I hope they come in here and do 'cause holy ■■■■ that was a speech.

Does he drive a Lincoln? He better be diving a Lincoln… AND eating western bacon cheeseburger.

Ted vs. Beto will probably be the most watched race of 2018.

Meanwhile, back in March, Rafeal Cruz released this song:
Yes, you have to listen to the whole thing.

100% across the board mockery, as soon as it aired on AM’s across Texas. The campaign acknowledged it was a bit of a self-own.

and then it _kept airing_for 2 weeks. I’m driving all over and just universal mockery on the AM and the damn thing keeps playing. Once it’s run was over, the DJ’s cut it up and use it as a meme.

Nobody likes Ted Cruz.