Teachers Coached Girl, 12, Into Trans Identity, Accused Parents of Abusing Her

I would imagine each case is different. Given the age of the child, their situation at home, their support system, etc. So yes, it is difficult trying to figure out if/when guardians should be notified about these interactions with teachers.

Clearly, groups like the one described in the OP should be completely voluntary. No students should feel pressured to attend or discuss issues they aren’t comfortable with. These teachers are taking on a very tricky and complicated role with these students

It seems your agents of the government, teachers, are doing their best to increase the role of the government.

Try again

3 Likes

No teacher or school should discuss any issue with someone’s child without contacting the parents of that child.
The school is not the parent nor are they mental health counselors. No wonder our children are such a mess today.

5 Likes

What does that even mean?

Cradle to the grave government rhetoric was not invented yesterday… “increase” You mean like trying to get creationism to be taught in class alongside history? That kind of an increase?

It’s not the indoctrination you guys care about. The whole thing about “critical theory” is the subject matter being taught.

If you don’t see that in my post, why make me guilty by association of something YOU just said?

So… no. But getting involved with their sex life beyond basic biology is a step too far.

5 Likes

Yes teachers have no place getting mixed into their student’s sex life BUT and this is a huge but teachers do turn into counselors because … parents sometimes suck. This is the inevitable result of that. But (again wtih the but) the teachers shoudl speak to parents… if they trust the parents to be responsible. One more but (last one) I am going to take the persepctive presented in the OP article with a huge grain of salt.

No I apologize but I wasn’t implying that you were ok with it, just saying that the point here is that it’s the subject matter being taught not the indoctrination part. If they were indoctrinating negative views on homosexuality and positive views of creationism, I have a feeling there would be a lot less talk about indoctrination and more talk on the importance of those subjects…

I respectfully disagree. There is a role for educators to play in the lives of students that goes beyond teaching. That has been the case for a very long time.

1 Like

Since you think creationism is an example of conservative indoctrination…

If schools spent only the amount of time and resources on teaching about CRT that they spend teaching about creationism… I’d have no problem with CRT in the schools. But don’t disappoint me by pretending that the 1 hour spent mentioning creationism is comparable to the hours, weeks, months, and resources progs want to spend teaching CRT or teaching about CRT.

One hour does not indoctrinate. An entire curriculum does.

Now come on buddy. I’m rootin’ for ya. Let honesty prevail!

3 Likes

Are there no negative aspects of homosex? Is there no reason to discuss intelligent design.

1 Like

Another who believe parents have no role in what their children are taught in school.
The only role teachers have in school is to teach math, reading and ect. and they are doing a very poor job of that.
Educators need to stay in their lane and let parents raise their children.
According to you leftist if children are not killed before birth, they should be turned over to the government right after birth because parents are bad and only the government knows how to raise children right.

3 Likes

It means that people see a problem where there is no problem but their actions create one that wasn’t there to begin with.

4 Likes

What an important point! If teachers were successful at what they are trained and paid to do, maybe a discussion of additional authority and responsibility would be warranted. But… for whatever reason - and I will blame ‘the system’ since my only daughter has been a teacher and administrator in the NY school system for over a decade - they have not been able to perform their most fundamental of jobs. So no… we should not be adding responsibilities and authority to what is already a failed system .

1 Like

I am not getting into this with ya. Teaching history from any perspective is not equivalent to teaching creationism in any way shape or form.

Creationism isn’t about an hour long class. It is in this way equivalent form of CRT (which you guys were told to worry about, as a take on “liberal indoctrination centers”). That it is a perspective that is being taught… a view on life. And if you are ok with one then being against the other is kind of silly

What’s the etc?

And what happens if parents are failing?

Health class should be taught in high school. That can discuss the health reppercussions of unprotected homosexual sex, along with the reppercussions of unprotected heterosexual acts. The psychological ramifications can’t be and should not be taught in school though again counseling is proper.

Intelligent design is not science. We teach Greek Mythology in schools, can be taught in the same class.

Then the teacher discusses the issue with the parent. If serious the school counselor should be brought in as well. The school counselor might suggest an outside professional be used.
The teacher does not play psychologist in secret.

Of course, if something illegal is happening, like everyone else, you tell the cops

1 Like

Being OK with an hour of one is not reason to be OK with a semester or years of another

1 Like

Who decides?

1 Like

It’s tough and my answer before was that the teachers should get to know the parents as part of getting know the children. Should they decide? No but at least they can counsel if need be. Again not the best source of counseling in any way shape or form but for some may be only source.