July 2017 Receipts: $232,040 million
July 2018 Receipts: $225,266 million

Receipts down from last year

July 2017 Outlays: $274,980 million
July 2018 Outlays: $302,131 million

Spending up from last year

July 2017 Deficit: $42,939 million
July 2018 Deficit: $76,865 million

Monthly deficit way way way up from last year.

In a booming economy. Why?

2 Likes

Because the defense spending was neglected for a decade…

That’s stupid.

1 Like

You’re not even looking at the numbers.

So, why do think it’s up with record tax collections?

There’s no reason for me to even try but oh well. But why is revenue down? Increased defense spending would not affect revenue. If anything it would increase revenue.

And less tax collection is what we have, when you take into account ALL federal tax revenue collection instead of focusing on a subset.

TOTAL…tax…collections…are…DOWN…not…up.

They…are…lower…than…the…revenue collections…from…the…same…nine…month…periods…of…the…last…FIVE YEARS.

Are you going to acknowledge these facts or continue to ignore them?

Who do you mean by “they”?

Hannity staff or CNS news?

Revenue is up, not down…

You for got this year

How can income tax collections go up with tax cuts? LOL!

Where did the bulk of the tax cuts go, Cratic?

Did they go to individuals?

Did you like the updated graph… Look at the gap up in tax collections… Trump is Cool!

Yes, I remember all the times you posted this in discussions about the labor participation rate during the Obama Administration.

Revenue is up front CY2017 related receipts. Since the tax bill has gone into effect, receipts have been down every single month compared to the month in the previous year. We’re 20 billion away from having less revenue in FY2018 than FY2017 which I don’t think has ever happened during an expansion period.

Answer my questions.

Where did the bulk of the tax cuts go?

Are TOTAL federal receipts up, or are they at five-year historical lows instead?

Wow look at that trend breaker! Please put that chart overlayed with the deficit lol

Jeezuz, cratic, this is what is wrong with you people. You posted a link to a Hannity cherry picked story. But even at Hannitys story, they include a link to the original report where they got their numbers. Why don’t you people click through to see the original data?

Because at the original report, you will see all the bad news. Including why that particular statistic doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of our budget. And a graph showing that individual income tax collections have been going up for years, including Obama years, and this is just a slight increase in a long standing trend.

Gawd so stupid.

1 Like

Income tax collections are up after a tax cut. Say it!