Tapping the oil reserves

That’s just right wing fantasy. Keystone would be YEARS away from producing. OPEC is concerned about the Permian and even tried to put the Permian out of business some years back and failed.

Axing Keystone INCREASES the importance of the Permian and OPEC doesn’t like that.

Now we pay more…through Bidenflation.

Good point!

It makes it more costly to bring to market…backwards again.

Years from now that would be true. It’s effect today is zero.

Just the investment brought the market speculation down.

Of course it wasn’t an instant realization.

Makes Bidens action even more sinister IMO.

No, it didn’t.

It did and then Biden broke it on day one…knowing full well how difficult it would be to get money back into that investment when the R are back in the majority.

I think that it will not be so difficult as we see the dramatic difference without it in the market.

Then letting Germany get its pipeline added more insult to domestic energy.

Maybe he harbors some latent animus to domestic energy and the automobile crash that devastated his family. It is almost understandable, just not good energy policy. That accident also made him a spokesman and advocate for Amtrak. Say let’s make Amtrak all electric before we ruin the auto industry first.

It is borderline delusional to say global oil price has been influenced by the cessation of work on Keystone. And US and Canadien oil is a global commodity.

You mean the pipeline that Germany wanted? That pipeline?

It’s been a long time coming…

So we wait a little longer and after lots of consumer pain clears the way to completion.

Probably. I’m not even opposed to Keystone, I just know it hasn’t effected the price of oil one bit.

That would be Biden policies.

More than just keystone…all Biden.

API knows the deal man. Lack of INVESTMENT in the US.

LoL. The API is hardly a disinterested party but there is some truth in the article.

So what if they are interested? What is their interest? Selling more oil. What do we need to reduce prices, more oil.

1 Like

I assure you the API has no interest in reducing the price of oil. :smile:

from What Determines Oil Prices?

The other key factor in determining oil prices is sentiment. The mere belief that oil demand will increase dramatically at some point in the future can result in a dramatic increase in oil prices in the present, as speculators and hedgers alike snap up oil futures contracts. Of course, the opposite is also true. The mere belief that oil demand will decrease at some point in the future can result in a dramatic decrease in prices in the present as oil futures contracts are sold (possibly sold short as well), which means that prices can hinge on little more than market psychology.7

Does the market expect us to use more or less oil under democrats? Looks like they aren’t buying the renewable plans to me. If they thought that move was imminent the price should be low.

1 Like

Nobody who voted Democrat gets to complain about rising costs and inflation. All of them assumed “the 1% will pay for everything.”

3 Likes

They were lower for a reason. We had excess supply

What difference does that make?

1 Like

That is not true after the point of diminishing returns.