Talk Radio Addicts!

ah good points!

I don’t have a clue as to how to get podcasts…or maybe I’m just too lazy LOL. Anyone else listen to Art Bell on Coast to Coast at night? There was some weird stuff on there, and even though I don’t remember the discussions, I just bet he was pretty spot on for his time!!!

oh yes i remember art! my mom loved listening late on short wave.

as far as pod casts, i downloaded “pod cast one”. just go to apps store

then search in its search function for whatever.

i think that simple

Very cynical about the talk show medium for subjects with substance. Especially those with callers giving their 15 seconds of wisdom.

Prefer podcasts that dive deep and stay long.

Yea after waiting on hold probably an hour or more, they get on and say…"I agree with you %100 ( insert hosts name).

Some take more callers than others. I have found that lib callers get on first and are basically name callers and incoherent. But I digress.

stands to reason. that pretty much describes the left in a nutshell

Same here. Usually Beck from 9-12 and then Rush from 12 - 3.

Listened to a lot of Todd Schnitt too. I liked Hamblin!

Moochelle, Obummer, Hilderbeast, Hag Pelosi, Crying Chuck Schumer, Shifty Schiff, Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd, Fredo, Psycho Joe,…and the list goes on…But yea the Libs are name callers…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

oh i didnt say the non-idiot non-left doesn’t call names. it’s just that they can do other things besides that

When I first moved to the US I was a voracious listener to Talk Radio but as we moved into the Obama years it became increasingly tedious. Maybe it was just after several years of Talk Radio it was offering nothing new.

Every show was pretty much the same format with the same discussions.

Now I rarely listen, I much prefer podcasts Covering topics from every position and angle possible.

Dad said radio is for news, weather, and sports.

The record player is for music.

Mostly kept it that way.

1 Like

I do like talk radio, we had a local guy whose station changed up formats so he does a lot of fill-in - very smart, great with callers. There is a guy in the Philadelphia market who is excellent - Rich Zeoli - weekdays 5:30 - 9 AM. He’s also been doing the 5 PM hour during the virus situation. He works with a “crew”, something I like a lot more than the single caller. He also fills in a lot for Mark Levin (will be filling in tonight 5/22)

What I don’t like - a lot of pontification. The purpose of “talk” radio wasn’t to hear one guy (and it usually is a guy) tell me stuff, it was to hear him engage callers. I love listening to the callers, the conversation. I also don’t like “the best of” shows that are put together over the holidays - would much prefer a guest host. Since these shows are news formats, to hear chat and segments about 3 month old news, no matter how entertaining the producer believes it to be, is still 3 month old news.

I like talk radio to a certain degree. Unfortunately there isn’t enough balance in talk radio to really be a true fan and almost all of them read from the same script. I wish there were more moderate or maybe balanced talk radio where both POV’s is considered. Maybe we need to bring back the fairness doctrine and also figure out a way to hold these hosts accountable for misleading and in some instances false information.

Phil Hendrie did the best talk radio. It was complete satire.

He got pissed off with terrestrial radio some years ago and now does a brilliant daily podcast.

The guy is a genius. He has “interviewed” So many people on his podcast including Trump, Hannity, Ivanka, Sean Spicer.

And when I say interview I mean “interview” :wink:

I agree about AM radio and commercials- it really takes the fun out of listening.