Tabloid reports Nancy Pelosi Husband busted for DUI over Mem Weekend

I hear Drunks Against Mad Mothers is coming out in support of their brother.

This just came up and is reporting the same thing. This is NBC reporting it.

Notice though…how many here were unaware? Now ask yourselves…why is that? It’s intentional people and the current media is the enemy of “we the people”.

Looks like NBC has already retracted that claim.

The statement also refuted an element of NBC Bay Area’s reporting Sunday night that Napa court records show Paul Pelosi was arrested on a similar charge four years ago, saying “a prior driving offense erroneously attributed to Mr. Pelosi is untrue and likely refers to another person with the same name.”

I use wine to cook. Other than that? Yuk.

3 Likes

More a beer and scotch guy myself.

Do you do the Punk Polka?

No idea what that is.

It’s an old comedy song of Dr Demento fame. One of the lines starts off “drink a little beer and drink a little scotch”.

Oh, I don’t generally mix the two, one or the other.

Not quite. It looks like Pelosi’s lawyers are denying it.

The statement also refuted an element of NBC Bay Area’s reporting Sunday night that Napa court records show Paul Pelosi was arrested on a similar charge four years ago, saying "a prior driving offense erroneously attributed to Mr. Pelosi is untrue and likely refers to another person with the same name."

I don’t see where NBC agreed and retracted their statement?

Their son is named Paul too.

Reminds me of just a couple of years ago where the Supreme Court almost disbarred the President of the Massachusetts Bar Association because he had a similar name (and same middle initial) of an attorney in Vermont who had been disbarred for repeated DUI’s. :smile:

Even more amusing that the Vermont attorney had never even been a member of the Supreme Court Bar. :smile:

1 Like

Disbar them all and let God sort them out.

1 Like

Another guy named Paul Pelosi. In San Fran.

1 Like

I remember that case. I think his sentence was reduced.

I would think any non union job would have fired him. It’s weird how things work. I saw a guy get fired for putting half a bottle of antifreeze in his personal car. Stealing. They have zero tolerance for stealing. But you can drive a snow plow fully loaded with salt while drink, flip it, and not get fired.

He didn’t get jail time. Had he got a year, they would have had no choice but to fire him. Just a big fine and a pay grade reduction. That takes about 3-4 years to get back to where he was.

1 Like

However, NBC Bay Area had reported that Pelosi had a prior DUI in 2018, according to SFGate. But they stealth edited that out of their story.

(As of Tuesday morning, NBC Bay Area has removed that claim in the article referenced without any note explaining its deletion. It is unclear when the removal took place; an NBC Bay Area representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment from SFGATE.)

But then NBC Bay Area did print a subsequent story where they talked about the spokesperson’s statement.

Things that make you say…hmmmmmmmmmmmm, eh @TheDoctorIsIn ? :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Fact check: No charging decision yet in Paul Pelosi DUI case

So what’s the story now…weeks later? Is he being charged like anybody and everybody else would or is Paul…different?

10:22 AM 06/13/2022 Anna Mock | Fact Check Reporter

A post shared on Facebook claims recent DUI charges against Paul Pelosi, husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, have been dropped.

Verdict: False

The claim is false. The Napa County District Attorney’s Office is currently reviewing charges against Paul Pelosi.

I guess the fact checkers are still checking the facts. Uh, huh. :roll_eyes:

https://checkyourfact.com/2022/06/13/fact-check-paul-pelosi-charges-dropped-dui/

All of this fact checking? Is it possible that the fact checkers are…fake?

Fact Check: DUI Charges Against Paul Pelosi NOT Dropped As Of June 13, 2022
Fact Check
Jun 13, 2022 by: Courtney Kealy