SYSTEMIC RACISM - FACT or FICTION

That was never proven anywhere and we both know it.

Yes it was. Which is why they settled.

As an American I value my Country, it’s institutions, it’s culture, it’s history; warts, and all, and the people.
It’s to not say I feel this America I value was born in perfection, learned to walk in perfection, or even today stands firmly on two perfected solid legs.
America has always been somewhat of a steamy hot mess when it comes to race relations. We struggle with our collective past, our collective present, and seemingly as well with our collective future.
Like it or not the peoples of the rest of world look to America to be a leader on issues of Freedom, Equality, and yes Race Relations.
The people of America have set ablaze a trail of sacrafice, and example on many issues pertaining to Freedom, and Equality, but we are not done yet setting a few more fires it seems, clearly.
Racism is a massive problem no doubt, but I think the American people are up for moving that issue further away from the past, and out into the clean light of our better selves, and our better collective future.
We are a work in progress, always have been, and maybe utlimately a perfected state fully realized is an immpossible one. Maybe the journey itself to that state is the thing of import, not the destination itself, because once there we will all be how we arrived; if we ever even make it at all.

Let us assume then there are three seperate and distinct positions on Systemic Racism in America today.

1. Systemic Racism does not in fact exist today.
  2. Systemic Racism does in fact exist today.
  3. Systemic Racism does in fact exist today, but the degree of it’s impact is the question.

First I acknowledge America was born from a Systemically Racist parentage. Second I acknowledge George Washington as the very embodiement of first principle system creation; he made America happen to a large extent.
Today we have found ourselves all aboard a fast moving train. We did not lay the tracks that it skims across, that was done prior to us. We did not build the train itself we are now on, that was done prior to us also. The rails of the tracks laid; by careful, and systematic design allow us to potentially travel to any destination that they can reach. The cost for a ticket to ride along these far reaching systems of cleverly designed tracks is earned through our labor as individuals.
As we did not build the Machine that speeds us along, nor laid the tracks that carry us, we must look carefully to the architect of said machine. We must look at the surveyor who decided upon the route for the machine to travel, and ask ourselves today if it’s where we should be going, or even if another route might be best. This great American Freedom train might have transported others in the past to a place that facilitated their realization of Liberty, Justice, and Happiness, but we know today that route taken by so many was also intentionally deprived of so many more simultaneously, who did in fact most clearly pay their full fare, and some much more.
But here we all are, on that train today, moving just as fast as it can into the future.
America has changed for sure, but the machine built so long ago remains, and it’s routes, and destinations are still used, and by that original design.
If George washington is the founder of our Nation; and he is, then he’s no doubt the first principle architect of the machine, and of the system of networks carrying the American people to the destinations promised them.
A discussion of American Systemic Racism must begin with our Founder; who like it or not was a Racist himself.

1 Like

This example doesn’t fit the narrative you are trying portray.

The show cops?

That white lady who called the cops and falsely accused a black person.

The lady who called the cops in Oakland on black people having a bbq

There’s more…

Not sure how that is rewritten. You didn’t prove that. Question, today, which party fights to keep Confederate statues up? Which party has trouble saying Black Lives Matter? Based on what you typed, it should be Democrats for both. But it isn’t… why?

Horse ■■■■■ No connection to or involvement by Trump was ever proven. Those who had been discriminated against by the managers were compensated and those qualified got apartments.

1. Systemic racism did exist, but is no longer ubiquitous. It’s impact still reverberates.

It was his and his dad’s company. Top down.

Unless you’d have us believe the rental agents were just trying to frame them or something.

By the Trumps, that is.

I will turn my other cheek for you.
Do your feet need washing?

The confederacy is part of our history period.

The folks in Oakland were breaking the law so the police were called, big damned deal.

2 Likes

Once again, there was nothing showing anyone other than low level managers were responsible for any discrimination and all were compensated and those eligible got apartments.

The Trump Company took responsibility and made them whole but again, nothing was ever directly tied to Trump or his family.

yes there was. Please, read the case.

Never said it wasn’t.

I never said it was ubiquitous?
But I’m glad to see you acknowledge it’s impact still even today, by your “reverberate,” useage.
It’s like were all stuck in a small boat, we see water on the floor, and someone says, “Were just fine, there is no water on the floor.” Another says, “Well I see a few cracks, but we are just fine.”
Clearly this boat we are all in needs some attention, but acknowledgment of a problem must come first.
I like the reverberate position you gave. But I believe Systemic Racism is much more alive, a living thing, way more sentient than just some inanimate vibration. Systemic Racism is more like an old dark evil ghost, long dead but still hanging around terrorizing everyone it can touch, with intentional malice, and desire to cause harm.

Proved my point.

You aren’t Jesus

I wasn’t saying you were, I was supplying a fourth option to your list.

How can I not? You don’t systemically oppress an entire race for over 200 years and then expect all of its consequences will just disappear in a mere 60-70 years.

That is where this conversation must begin, at the begining.
Got cha’ on the 4th option thingy.

Individual racism and bias certainly exist. Systemic racism is about racism that is promoted by institutions, which appears to be what exists in the mainstream news media.

I would suggest the clearly biased news reporting is a good indication of systemic racism in the news media. Consider reports about anti-Asian hate crimes; the media uncritically reported Biden’s charge that Trump is responsible. The implication is that white Trump supporters are responsible, but available videos show that the majority of the anti-Asian attacks came from African-Americans in the New York area.

I would say the evidence is that the mainstream media is lying by omission when they ignore these videos while they go with non-stop coverage of incidents that fit the Democrat narrative. Does racial bias in reporting constitute systemic racism?

For background, here are two videos showing alleged anti-Asian attacks that never made it to the national mainstream media:

Coronavirus Fear? Suspected hate crime targeting Asian man caught on camera

New York Post – 5 Feb 20

Woman wearing face mask attacked in possible coronavirus hate crime

Why not? If the problem is fixed, it’s fixed. Think about the first 60-70 of aviation. Of computers.

:slight_smile:
In that top picture, it almost looks like the Native Americans are wearing face masks :slight_smile:

Fixing technology not equal to fixing humans

1 Like