Syria Civil War-Turkish Observation Post Cut Off By Assad

I’ll mention this because this is a pretty big deal. Pro-Assad forces are attacking Khan Shaykhun and have gone north of it and have cut the M5 Highway. So Khan Shaykhun, everything south in Hama and the Turkish observation point in Morek are cutoff. Turkey is rushing troops into south Idlib to try and set up additional observation points to stop Assad forces from continuing, but their convoys are getting targeted. So I don’t know how this works out. I don’t see Turkey pulling out of Morek. The whole point of the observation points was to make sure Assad forces didn’t go beyond them. So this is a pretty big problem. Especially if the Turkish convoys are getting fired on. So this is pretty tense. Just an FYI. I think this puts more pressure on Turkey to go full in in Idlib and what’s left in Hama, Latakia and Aleppo since it looks like Assad is willing to go around the Turkish observation posts. And they’ve got forces in Hatay waiting for that.

The slightly less murderous Syrian government liberating Syrian territory from even more murderous Al Qaeda/ISIS (the corporation that took down the Towers in New York and Sunni veterans of the defeated Iraqi Army) terrorists. Not really a bad thing. So far liberated cities and religious minorities (Christians, Druze, and Shia) have welcomed the Syrian army with open arms.

Yeah it’s complicated, but just an FYI, you’re way more likely to find former ISIL fighters in military councils that joined SDF in US controlled territory than in Idlib, Aleppo, Latakia and Hama as part of HTS, Ahrar al Sham, FSA or NLF.